Basic Maintenance to do

Hi guys,

So out simply, what maintenance should be carried out on me car!

Apart from refuelling which is probably the most obvious and I know a few others but I just want to see if there's somethings I am missing out or forgetting about.

I drive a little Peugeot 208 Style [1.2L]

Thanks in advance :)

Tyre pressures/condition should be checked weekly along with bulbs and engine coolant/washer bottle levels.

Check oil every few of weeks (less if the level drops really slowly and more frequently if it uses 1l a month.)

Change oil & oil filter, air filter once a year or every 9-12000 miles depending on use.

Spark plugs need checking every year and replacing when they start to foul up.

Oil filter needs changing every few years.

Cambelts are generally 70,000 miles or 5 years if you are being cautious - on most cars this is a good time to change the water pump as well.

Ah right sweet, ngl, I'm not sure how to do half of that list ^^ But that's where the car manual book comes in I guess, thanks again since I got a week off work Ima do some maintenance check n all and get to know my lil Frenchie on wheels

I would always change an air filter every 10k, or even sooner if you live somewhere dusty. Manufacturer schedules will have it every 20k to make it cheaper but your mpg will thank you if you do it every 10k.

Cambelts are doable if you're competent, BUT you do need the proper tools to lock the cam shaft off, things like that, and you'd want to have watched someone else do it first.

Air filters, right, will add to list, thanks for the add I didn't know that one.

Cambelts - I guess I'll have someone else do it this time and next time try for it. Thanks for the info! will take into account