basic lexus is 200 tuning

A

andywhite7847

Iv just brought a lexus is200 and after driving it i love the car but there just is not enough power in it was is the first few basic mods i can do to get moor power ??

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

Good to have you Mr Whiite, welcome to T.C car nuts asylum. Most basic worth doing mod is a ECU remap, depends how much moore power you want though.

Basic mods like free flowing headers and exhaust system ,ported head, upgraded cams higher compression pistons
If you want a serious increase in power then you will need /have to consider a turboor a supercharger on the existing motor WITH LOW BOOST LEVELS SAY 5-7 PSI MAX . To boost more than 7psi would require forged internals
Then if really you are really serious about performance an engine swap to say a 1JZ or 2JZ or if you want to stay 2 litre capacity a 4 cylinder 3SGE TURBO from the JDM Altezza.
I would love to have one of these sweet handling RWD Toyotas with a 4 cylinder 3SGE Turbo with a 6 speed box and LSD in my garage.
It all depends on how serious you are about wanting more grunt and how deep are your pockets??

Last edited: