basic grand cherokee jeep tuning

the cat

Car
jeep gran chero 4lt
Anyone out there who can help and advise me as to some basic tuning for my 4lt grand cherokee jeep 97. Looking to change the air filter for an induction kit and chip the engine plus add a performance exhaust, any tips as to what is best to buy? remember not looking to drag it just want a bit more performance and better sound without breaking the bank!:grin:

Hi and welcome. Doesn't the 4.0 lump sound good enough as it is?

A sports cat and K&N induction kit would be your best bet. A remap is probably not worth more than 5-10bhp so unless you get fast road cams or make some other substantial change it is not really worth it IMHO although I'm prepared to stand corrected. Often the bigger engines have more to give on a remap so I could well be wrong here.;)

Thanks alot, I was thinking of a K & N induction kit and like you was a bit dubious about a remap. Cheers

been told remap is a waste of time unless you are turbo charged......? what do you think?

A remap will liven your engine up, making it more responsive, pull a lot better at low revs, and a little better fuel economy as it will be more effecient.
any engine will gain from a remap. :)

steve

Cheers you all, any idea what i should be paying for a remap on my 4lt lump!

Fitted a K & N induction system today and the sound is great and pick up much better, an overall smoother ride, cheers for all of you advice.

Cat!