Ban For 10mph Driver

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
A woman of 57 was stopped driving down the motorway at a speed of 10mph and repeatedly jamming on the brake whist straddling the slow lane and hard shoulder on the M32 at Bristol
she was driving along with a sign on the back window saying
"i do not drive fast please overtake"

she was receiving counseling for anxiety while driving

her punishment 1 week ban and resit test

what was the judge thinking off ???
me id have banned here for life taken her car and had it crushed

if she suffers anxiety for driving, WHY was she driving in the first place never mind on a motorway where 10mph is more dangerous than 100mph

we had a driver stopped around here for doing 20mph on the A75 he received a full driving ban and license removed for life

discuss why these idiots are aloud to continue driving

If that was a young driver they would have banned 'em! 10 mph on a motorway is just stupid, people like that shouldn't be allowed on the roads! She should not only have her license taken away but she should be put in a home!! I think when you reach a certain age you should have to prove that your still capable of driving anyway, how many times are you driving along and then have to slow down to half the speed limit because of an old person? I noticed that she didn't get any points on her license as well, but if she had driven at 75mph (a much safer speed on a motorway) she would have got points!

if you lose your license theres nothing to put the points on its something a mate of mine found out when he lost his license the 1st time for speeding (totaling 6 points ) when he got it back there wasnt any on it and one insurance company didnt even charge him more of an excess as there were no points on it

you should also notice that it is a speed limit not a target. (god i feel like an old man not 23) although i dont agree that you should be penalised for having a blat on a empty straight piece of road as long as your car is in a condition that can handle it and the conditions are good, dry sunny good road surface etc

Just shows how silly this country has got with regard to motoring. In fairness I expect that the 10mph driver (Shirley something or other I think her name was) probably would prefer not to drive anyway but what's the alternative with absolutely ****e public transport services?

I'm intirgued to know what took place in the magistrates' court. With what offence was she charged? There is no minimum speed limit legislation in this country. If you examine the highway code there are indeed blue round signs that can indicate a minimum speed limit in white writing. They've never been deployed, to my knowledge, at least. Perhaps as a minimum advised speed they'd be useful.

Enforceable? NO - they're not.

Clearly you cannot take a vehicle onto a motorway that is not capable of exceeding 35mph. That is illegal. But nowhere does it say that you MUST drive above 35 mph.

Given we're all told how naughty it is to exceed the posted speed limit, slower is safer etc etc. I'd really like to know what offence she's committed.

Motoring law is ridiculous in this country, and that's from me, someone who thinks that 120mph in the right car, with a good driver in the right conditions with forethought and care is OK.

Thoughts please.

What about causing an obstruction. Driving without due care and attention to other road users and being a total prat!

I missed this story - thanks for the heads up. I wonder if the police would accept video evidence cos I'm always seeing dangerous drivers - usually the nervous type and it would be good to get them off the road for all of our sakes.

When you are past it - the hardest thing in the world is to give up your driving licence. Especially since the pubic transport is so poor. I can sympathize to an extent but there should be compulsory retests or at least a medical every 10 years for every driver and this should include alcaholism and drug use checks.

well there is a compulsory medical but only if your a taxi driver HGV (or LGV now) or bus driver
it would be good to have one but also allow doctors / opticians to write to the dvla and ask for you license to be taken from you if your not in a fit condition. just now they can only inform the DVLA and its up to the paitent to decide. thats the case for eyes anyway only reason i know this is the wifes a secretary for a opthamologist consultant

Read about this againe earlier on Yahoo. Apparently, she tries to avoid motorways at all costs but got lost and ended up on one. Did she stop the car and make that sign or does she carry it at all times, just in case? lol

Shes a nutter either way!

had a thought about it as the papers still open on the table from when i was typing out the detail if she only drives at 10mph and was sitting between the 1st land and hardshoulder then she has no chance of passing her test, which she has to resit. it should class as hesitation

but the point remains if she has a panic attacks whist driving then why did she still drive ??????????