Marc07

Road Burner
Car
Audi A8 3.7 V8 40V
Hiya

A quick top tip needed ;)

Whats the best and safest way to remove the badge
and
how to get that dirt off from the middle?????
It was missed for years no probably and its so thick and solid and I can't wash it off....
I want all badges on the back off or replace with new ones....but dirt will still be there.

P1080730.jpg

Cheers guys

Hairdryer on the badge to soften the glue, then gently draw some strong string or better fishing line round the back of it to break the seal. Then tar and glue remover on the remains of the glue.

Hairdryer on the badge to soften the glue, then gently draw some strong string or better fishing line round the back of it to break the seal. Then tar and glue remover on the remains of the glue.

x2

I think to properly clean it you will have to de-badge it and then re-badge it (assuming you don't decided you like the de-badged look).

Agree with above. We have stuff here called goo-gone/gunkoff that works well but not sure if you can get it in the UK. You will need quite a bit of elbow grease in the wash to make sure that you get everything off prior to waxing. Also double/triple inspect as getting dirt off once you wax is a pain in the rear. At least if you wax like I do that is.

...I understand that the cutting paste will get rid off the discoloration, or not completely ???
And which paste would you recommend guys?
;) Cheers

meguires do a 2 or 3 stage polish system which is probably best for hand.

i used some augogym super resin polish to clean mines up. very little cut to it as it mainly fillers but it done the job