Bad start to a day.

Loz

Torque King
Car
MX-5
This morning, a chap at work was driving his van out of the yard when he claimed a wasp flew into/onto his face, he must of panicked & this is the aftermath...

da74e477.jpg

The van had been taken away when I came back, but from the damage I'd say he must of stamped on the accelerator while doing the wasp dance. These cars were less than 120 feet from the gate & parked side by side. The black pug was only two months old, the girl who owned it was in tears bless her.
The driver was OK & was just sore from the belt pretensioners firing, he's ego may take longer to recover! :lol:

Last edited:
Lol! God only knows, he must have had a fair bit of momentum though to push two cars out of their spaces & the Mondeo isn't exactly a lightweight either & he was driving a Corsa combo so it wasn't even a large van! :blink:

I would hate to be that guy if he is married. You know his insurance just went sky high if it wasn't already. I mean hitting 1 parked car is bad enough but 3 that takes talent. Hope the other owners have under-insured coverage.

I would hate to be that guy if he is married. You know his insurance just went sky high if it wasn't already. I mean hitting 1 parked car is bad enough but 3 that takes talent. Hope the other owners have under-insured coverage.

He hit the cars in a works van, so his personal insurance won't be affected.

Wasp my arse. That's him trying to do something clever in the carpark and failing. Either that or you need to send him on one of those mtfu courses.

It's more of a drive than a carpark really, cars are parked down one side & it's just wide enough for an artic to drive up. Tbh he's a bit of a mavis & I could believe him getting into a flap over a wasp, although anyone else would have just slammed the brakes on & jumped out the car! :amuse:

How fast did you say he was going?
Quite alot of damage considering it was a low speed shunt.
And he's made the Mondeo wet itself.

Last edited:
How fast did you say he was going?
Quite alot of damage considering it was a low speed shunt.
And he's made the Mondeo wet itself.

I don't know how fast he was going, the combo vans a re nippy enough so if he did stamp down on the accelerator then I imagine he got up to at least 15/20mph.

Yes the Mondeo has indeed wet it self! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
If that would happen to me I would be at the Police Station, I would just murder him or harm very badly, Family on the 1st place-always, Car-2nd place-always ;) idiots on the road (especially ones who are afraid of wasp) -not acceptable ;)