Torque Cars

bad brakes

Discussion in 'BMW forums' started by Nat, 28 December 2009.

1. Nat

Nat Wrench Pro

Ramstein AB, Germany
    Car:
    750i German Spec
    i've just replaced the lines, all four rotors, and pads, as well as the emergancy brake shoes, and sensors on my 91 e32 bmw, and now the brakes wont hold pressure in the lines. when you press the pedal, its really stiff and almost wont budge, then just goes to the floor. does anyone out there know what the problem might be?

2. marti5

marti5 Road Burner

IPSWICH, Suffolk
    Car:
    BMW E38 735i 1997
    I would say you have either still got air in a line or you have an airlock, try re-bleeding the system...or a leak which when you press on the pedal releases fluid and lets air back in when you release.

3. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    Is all the pedal-end stuff securely bolted to the bulkhead?

4. Nat

Nat Wrench Pro

Ramstein AB, Germany
    Car:
    750i German Spec
    the pedal-end stuff is secured, and it might be possible that i have a leak, or still air in the lines, although the lines were bleed atleast 4 times

5. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Put some paper under the car and with the engine running pump the brakes and check for fluid leaks.

It would also be worth putting some paper under the servo as well.

Is the fluid level dropping then? If not it is probably just an airlock.