Back on the road

phil91

Car
fto gr
After two years of sitting on my drive doing nothing,I have now got the fto back on the road and unbelievably this is all it took.

New battery
Oil change and new filter
4 new tyre valves
new rear fog light

The car went through the MOT with no problems and with no advisories the only comment being where has that been for the last three years,I was concerned about about the condition of the the brakes prior to the MOT but once the discs had cleaned up they work fine.
I have ordered some Goodrich brake hoses and red stuff brake pads following advice from this forum but they are stuck in transit at the moment.
I got the car insured via Adrian Flux fully comp for £470 this covers myself and my son to drive who is 25, with a 5000 mile per anum limit which I thought was quite reasonable.
Having driven the car for the last few days I am really glad that I didnt sell it, these cars are wonderfull to drive, they feel alive in your hands compared to modern cars I even like the touch of torque steer when you open her up.
We have booked a track day at Oulton Park at the end of Jan to put us and the car through our paces will let you know how we get on.

Merry Christmas

Phil

ps no excuses you can eat those sprouts, its only once a year.

Wow that's awesome. I bet you now have some spare cash to blow on performance!

Glad to see it's on the road though.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back