Back on the road at last. My GTO !

Country Bumpkin

Track Warrior
Car
GTO T.T.
It has taken a long time but this afternoon we finally got my GTO back on the road. Got to get some miles on it now, get it all settled in then we can start getting it mapped properly and obviously then a session on the dyno.
There's still plenty to do but now it's running i can get the rest done easier. It needs new alloys, these are hard enough to get a direct fit for on a stock GTO let alone one with the brakes i have.
Then it's getting some new cow inside [not a new woman, just the seats etc]:).
I must find time to fit the stereo stuff, just direct replacements really, all infinity speakers, 6x9's in the back, 61/2 components in the front run through an infinity amp. This is all run from a Kenwood multi disc unit etc which is plenty good enough for me, i won't be requiring a sub or anything monsterous, i've got the exhaust for company !:lol:
At some stage it will be going into the paintshop for a complete respray, in the standard red for now.
I'll get some phots done over the week-end and put a couple up.

Bloody hell, that was quick ! Were you watching me type it ? :lol::lol:
It's a 3.0 V6 Twin Turbo. It has a forged bottom end with Wiseco pistons, uprated clutch etc and all fully balanced. Ported heads, vernier cam pulleys, uprated 16G turbos, 680 cc injectors, uprated fuel supply and feed. Front Mount Intercooler with all relevent pipework etc.
She is currently controlled by a MAP2 ECU but this will be replaced by a full stand alone management in the near future.
There's absolutely loads more but it will take my memory ages to remember it all :D.
As for b.h.p./torque, we'll find out when it's all run in and dyno'd.

Lol no just clicked new posts. Luck of the draw I guess. What compression are you running? Standard rods? What did you have for breakfast? What standalone are you considering? What are you aiming for? Must be capable of 500+bhp easily :lol::lol::lol:

th_gto7.jpg
th_gto4.jpg

th_gto2.jpg
th_gto3.jpg

th_gto1.jpg

These phots are small and of rather low quality. I went up on the moors with a mate today only to find that my camera batteries were flat :embarrest:.
Anyway, my mate took these and they do come out well on the e-mail but in the transfer they have distorted, according to the phots my F.M.I.C. is of varying shapes. :lol::lol:

BEAUTIFUL!

Mark I so need to bring my car to see you....

I just posted in another thread, mine is up and running again and back on the road legally next week - thanks to your advice and the wonderful ECU doc!

Although yours makes mine look like a fiat 126!!!

:)

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

This is what makes it worthwhile driving around Dartmoor, apart from the scenery, the Cornish ice cream topped with clotted cream and a flake !!!:lol::lol:
DSCF0014.jpg

Are you up for a feature CB? If so PM me a spec list and I'll start drafting something together.