Back... Again

Redd

Tuner
Car
Peugeot 206cc 2.0
Hey everyone,

It's been a long time (5 years-ish) since I was last here, so I thought I would say hello again!
I lost my passion for it all after my Celica turned out to be more rust then metal and after that I stuck to sensible small cars (VW Polo, Skoda Fabia, etc..)
But recently I found a new car that I'm actually enjoying working on, so I thought as I was checking out the Articles again, I may as well rejoin the forums.
With any luck this one will last longer then a year.

Hey welcome back it's so good to hear from you again.

We've all done the sensible cars, so does this mean you don't have a sensible car now? Is it the Sebring?

What are your plans for it?

Thanks mate, you too.
How have you been?

And yeah, it's a 2007 Chrysler Sebring 2.4 VVT Limited.
I've already started to lose some weight on it as its a heavy piece of American steel.
So I'm trying to figure out how to get the most performance out of it, which is difficult as they never really had an aftermarket following. The closest is the Dodge Avenger that was essentially a re-skin of the sebring but even tuning advice for that is pretty sparce.
Styling wise, I'm going for something that looks straight out of a Mad Max movie. So armoured rear windows, stripped interior and generally as much of a post apocalyptic vibe as I can legally manage in the UK.

I've been ok, a few family health problems and a death to cope with so it's not been a good year but we're getting everything back together and moving on.

Your project car sounds very nice, I would say to look into fast road camshafts, and if you lower the compression it would respond very well to a supercharger. A stroker kit can help you achieve that.

I love the sound of this project, please start a project thread and keep us posted with your progress.

Sorry to hear about that, buddy.
And thanks for the advice, I've just joined an American Dodge Avenger forum so I'm going to do some research on this engine and see what I can get.

I will get a Build thread going soon. Might get some photos taken tomorrow as I've got to do a bit of work on it. It could even help anyone else lucky enough to own one of these yachts. :D

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back