BA7 2.2 TDCI 175 Query

Ashleys994

Car
Mondeo TXS 2.2 Tdci
Looking at Hybrid routes for my 2.2 Tdci 175

Currently has a Gt1752v with electronic actuator.

Turbo technics have gave me an option of hybrid internals with gt1756 specs , with claims of 240bhp with supporting mods.

Would a possible GTB1756VK with electronic actuator from a audi a4/5/6 be optional with supporting rolling road to gain same or more benefit as the hybrid? Obviosuly difference being a GTB serious instead of a GT also.

Be wary of lag on the higher power turbos, although these can give a decent top end, you lose a lot in the lower end of the power band, although a hybrid with GT1756 should work ok. Do the fuelling upgrades it will need, if these are not already done, and setting up on a rolling road is always the way to go.

The Audi manifolds are quite different to your Mondeo ones, so I guess you are just talking about the turbo unit itself.

Yes , think I'm just going the hybrid turbo tehcnics route , until I have a turbo and cartridge I can play around with , fuelling seems to be a major issue with all ford TDCIs as there isnt any off the shelf injector upgrades , mine being the 175 , Iv seen the 200 2.2 has a better injector rate, something like 30% better flow so these could be an option.

Talk to your mapper, they will need the fuel map and be happy to set the injectors up. They can probably point you in the right direction. I have heard of Volvo and Vauxhall injectors being used to good effect on some Ford engines so this might help you cast a wider net, just check first it can be setup and will fit! ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back