b18 engine modz

topsecret

Wrench Pro
Car
civic lsi b18 beast
hey guys just had a b18c4 fitted in my eg civic its a monster fast as #!#!#!#!#!#! but still want more power as its only a stock motor 168bhp i believe all i have done is added a air filter now where do i go from here? ive been told not to get a 4-2-1 or 4-1 manifold and just change the middle section ive been told that will increase more power hopefully that will be done this week but wat else can i do, cams and ecu remap are on the list but i wana do more to the engine before them, help please

Why have you been told not to change the manifold? I would go for a 4-1 set up. I would add a de-cat at the same time and an exhaust. You'll also need a cold air intake for it too.

it def is a monsteeeer lol and pulls hard all the way to 140 fith gear limiter, ive been told the b18 manifold is good enough im going to change the midle section and decat hopefully before sunday ready to race im going after the subarus now and hopfully will beat the scoobys when i get to 200bhp in couple months time, i have a couple of pics of the conversion the old engine in and out an the b18 in and when the dash was out as they had to change the interior loom to il post them up soon.

i agree with prince,when u do it i would recoment fast-road camshaft...your engine will be low on economy but power gains would be big:cheesy:especialy at high rpms...after all decent remap of ecu would use the max from all the changes!:amuse:youl also have better trothle response with ecu remaped for sport..than u would have a monster :lol::lol:but pay some atencion that with the mods and that engine u need some other changes too...u need your car to brake better,handle better etc...need biger brakes,shocks,suspension need some adjustment too...
anyway let us now when u do any of the work:bigsmile::bigsmile:

ye def need bigger brakes the car is slamed on coilovers so now i have to buy a front and back camber kit so i dont go through a full set of tyres every month, the handling is good but not as good as it should be gona try and book the car in for a exhaust saturday il let u no wat its like if i have it done but should gain couple ponys with new midle section 2 1/2 inch and decat.

are you using the standard b18 gearbox for the b18c4,like you said cams and a re-map mate for this engine.thats the let down is the gearbox.with the cams and map its hard to get past 200bhp.turbo is the way if you are wanting way over 200.best filter is to chop the resonator box of and a cold air feed to it and a k&n panel filter.It does lose a tiny bit of torque low end but advantages top end in each gear,but that wouldnt matter if you going cams and map route

Last edited:
ye still using b18c4 box ive been told a full exhaust system, cold air intake , cams and a remap should get me 200 bhp or a lil over then il be happy i wouldnt like over 220bhp in this car as its light and the wheels just wouldnt stop spinning off the starting line, ive just ordered a buddy club vtec controler off funkypower as i could do with the vtec engaging at 4500rpm off the starts wat do u all think of these controler as ive heared alot of bad things and alot of good things with these?

I've heard good and bad as well. Vtec kicking in earlier sounds good, but why mess with perfection? There isn't a better gearbox than the S80 gearbox from the B18. Once you've done the above mods (although imo it should be before) concentrate on brakes and suspension.

the gearbox thats in the car is a s9b its #!#!#!#!e on the motorways as its reving the bolocks at 70 but it duz top out at 140 prety quickly so i dont mind, i agree that honda are very good but they set the vtec point for fuel economy and a longer life for the engine and all that but i dont want good fuel economy when im flat out on a 1/4 mile i want power so setting the vtec point at 4500 would be a good thing, instead of waiting for the vtec to kick in when i pull of it will be there strate away anyway il try it out when the control arives and il let u no if i waisted my money or not lol

s80 gearbox is the way to go.iv heard it transforms the car.picks up quicker and their isnt that obsene 2nd gear to contend with lol that goes on for ever.closer gear ratios.only prob is ya looking at 450 notes for the gearbox.Im not right sure about the v-tec controller,heard bad reviews.The b18c4 uses the obd2 ecu.i think you can use the obd1 ecu which the v-tec kicks in earlier im not to sure but you have to us the wiring loom.prince might shed a bit more light.

just had my exhaust done by prospeed in cardiff, from manifold to back box with decat pipe and a silencer sounds a bit better not alot of diference tho pulls better in vtec just need a cold air intake now then im all set ready for cams and remap, gona have a couple races tomorow night see how i do im going after a tuned corsa vxr as a couple boys i raced said i got a good chance and that was before i had the exhaust so il let u no how i get on.

think its around 220-240 its prety quick just keeps spining tho give my car a good blast earlier and is def fsater acceleration cant wait to kick soom ass tomorow night