Awkward moment No5

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
You've just pulled out to overtake a long line of cars. No one else seemed bothered and left the outside lane clear. As you approach the front you realise you have just overtaken a funeral and are just drawing level with the hurse. Does this bother you? What would you do? If you knew you were behind a line of grieving relatives would you burn past as breakneck speed with your loud exhaust and radio blaring?

tpa0609l.jpg

It always bothers me to see a loaded hurse, parked up or driving down the road. I feel sorry for those who have lost, and its a grim reminder of our mortality. Once I had got that far past the convoy I would kill the radio and lift off the throttle (by that point I should have also gained enough speed coast by safely) out of respect, but it would be too dangerous at this point to back off and slow down to the back of the convoy again.

I always turn my stereo off and drive at normal speed past a convoy out of respect.
I wouldnt slow down as this may cause and accident behind me, but certainly wouldnt try to bring attention to myself.
I will never forget i was going to a funeral and i was in the main car, we were by passing a gathering area for "boy racers" and a load of them undertook and overtook our procession with roars coming from the exhausts, beeping of horns and music really loud. This was not a nice experience.