Avoiding a Korma Carpet

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Here is a dilemma I have never been able to fully solve. You are alone and have gone out hunter gathering to bring home a takeaway. The bags are specially designed and stacked to fall over in the car. They are also full of an amazing super staino oil that will leave a permenant mark that cannot be removed!)

I have tried:-
Holding curry bag between my teeth (unmitigated disaster.)
Putting curry bag in footwell (fell over and leaked oil - hmm an oil leak inside my car)
Placing contains separately in footwell (they all managed to crash together and leak!)
Putting a handle round the gearstick (Sort of works until I need 5th.)

Any other suggestions?

BUT Freddie, if its good for you it always tastes bad! Also have you ever tried removing a beetroot stain? :lol:

Whenever I get a curry delivered it is usually cold by the time they have found my house! Plus it is much quicker to pick it up yourself!

Or get clever and make your own, indoors. Must admit tho, if you find a good indian takeaway the results are worth the inconvenience. Try carting a load of junk around in the boot so it can be used as ballast to restrain said takeaway. I had a Nissan Primera with a 'curry hook' on the back of the passenger's seat. Sadly it was not sturdy enough to cope with the sheer weight of the order (both my kids are under ten and they're absolute curry fiends) - clearly they're heading for the standard mis-spent youth category. All power to it

My A3 has a takeaway hook under the rear parcel shelf. Still haven't used it, I want to get home and eat as quickly as possible so the boot opening and closing time puts me off :D

I still maintain that eating it on the way home is the way to go. Probably easier with a Pizza or Kebab than a curry though.