Autumn dangers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Just a heads up chaps and chapettes. With the recent fall of leaves in Autumn it can make the roads very slippery and these tend to gather on tight bends in country roads so be careful out there.

I don't want to see any "I've just crashed my car threads"!

2nd that wet leaves are bad things more so when you are planing off road in the woods slide all over the place

another danger
is the low sun
and now its starting to get colder windscreens are starting to steam up as well

2nd that wet leaves are bad things more so when you are planing off road in the woods slide all over the place

another danger
is the low sun
and now its starting to get colder windscreens are starting to steam up as well

AC fixes this one - the misting up that is - not the sun

not for us poor people that dont have air con lol
was out off roading today loads of mud out and loads of rain
could not see a thing inside all the windows steamed up

The low winter sun is always a problem for me worse when it's just rained & it reflects of the tarmac as well.

When it gets colder road salt can be a danger to, especially when over zealous councils lay loads down on bends & roundabouts making the car understeer like it's on gravel.

They certainly weren't over zealous with the stuff round here last winter.

I'm going to have a fun time this winter. In 23 of driving I have yet to experience RWD on snow and ice.

I doubt it should be much of a problem, the car's F:R weight distribution is fairly even.

I know im up on the north of Scotland, but I have already been stuck behind a grit spreader! It was the 25th of September and sunny! I couldn't believe it!!

And I have already had ice on my car, very thin, but ice all the same!

Joe, how far north are you? am just coming back next weekend and its 30 degreees here so hopefully wont be too cold. Am going for a blast over the road from Auchterader to Kinross as need to visit the auction and see whats cheap - actually looking for a Swift - hopefully no ice yet as that road has to be driven at full throttle.

in answer to the question; 3rd with Hdi and Matt, leaves are a real real bugger. My friend came off the road at only 10mph and took the whole underside of a Corolla along the top of a low level stone dyke writing the 3yr old car off. not a fun day.