Audi R8 remap options

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I'm guessing that it would be possible to remap the R8, but could it be pushed beyond Gallardo power levels as they are based on similar V10 engines?

I believe it could! it would make a formidable car even greater! I think Heffner Performance in the States do a little something for the R8,
twin turbos :bigsmile:

In V8 form the R8 engine remapped achieves around 35bhp over standard, same gains as on the B7 RS4. It's essentially the same engine but with a different manifold and sump. The result, strangely, is that the RS4 hits peak torque some 1500rpm earlier than the R8 - but the R8 produces about 5-10bhp more than the RS4 at peak.

In V10 form the R8 uses exactly the same pair of BOSCH MED9.1.1 M/S ECUs as in V8 form (same pair as in the RS4 too)... so the V10 is defiantly 'mappable' in the sense one could read and write the map... but I am not sure on specific gains.

I remapped my r8,and put a miltek exhaust on it.We could never get a reliable rolling road result,but witht he remap and exhaust we reckon it was about 440-460 bhp.The remap made a massive difference on the mid range,and allowed the engine to rev another 250rpm,it was a revo technik remap.
I have to say I test drove numerous cars before buying the gallrdo including the r8 v10 and it felt only slightly faster than my tuned car.
The best option for the r8 is the supercharger conversion,gives you 580 bhp I think,I know someone in the uk who had it done,but it is a 20k conversion.

In V8 form the R8 engine remapped achieves around 35bhp over standard, same gains as on the B7 RS4. It's essentially the same engine but with a different manifold and sump. The result, strangely, is that the RS4 hits peak torque some 1500rpm earlier than the R8 - but the R8 produces about 5-10bhp more than the RS4 at peak.

In V10 form the R8 uses exactly the same pair of BOSCH MED9.1.1 M/S ECUs as in V8 form (same pair as in the RS4 too)... so the V10 is defiantly 'mappable' in the sense one could read and write the map... but I am not sure on specific gains.

I thought the remap on the v10 is more a case of unlocking the power as it is basically the gallardo lp560 engine detuned,so it is easy to get it to the 560 bhp of the gallardo lp560,funnily enough the guy who put the superchargers on his v8 did the unlocking immediatly he got his v10.