Audi Cabriolet 1997

AdrianLowry

Hi there,

Pretty new to all of this so i sort of need a big hand. I have a 2.8 v6 cabriolet engine code AAH. i was wondering does anybody know what Turbo and / or supercharger that can be bolted on to my engine. Thanks very much in advance!

:cheesy:

Adrian

hey and welcome adrian. i think swaping the engine to the old RS4 engine ( 2.7 twin turbo ) might be easier.
otherwise you would need turb, pipework, intercooler, injectors and the ecu remapped to take the turbo into account

Hi AdrianLowry and welcome to TorqueCars. Adding turbos is really hard as there is so much to do elsewhere. You might get away with it if you are running very low boost but that pretty much makes the mod pointless.

The AAH, iirc is the 12v??. pgarner's prob right in saying the 2.7 bi-turbo would be the easiest option. If you wanted a project, I know of guy who put the 30v APR 2.8 into his Coupe and installed a supercharger, so therefore it should be possible on the 12v. A lot of work though.

The 12v is inherently lazy. A route some of our american counterparts do is the p/p and rematch. but then you might as well uprate the cams too.

Note. Increased power with put more strain on the gearbox so if your going to go silly with the power, might want to investigate it a bit first.

Last edited:
Hi Again,

Thanks for those tips! Any idea how much those engines are going for? had an offer from a guy outside stranraer who siad he could get me the running gear for the quattro ie. diffs, gearbox etc, for around £300. sounds a bit cheap to me. Also where would be the best place to shop for the engines?

adrian

:blink: STRANRAR :blink: thats a hell of a way away from you christ its about 2hrs from me. its likley itll eather be duff or mabye he got it across from ireland on the cheap

Hi Again,

Thanks for those tips! Any idea how much those engines are going for? had an offer from a guy outside stranraer who siad he could get me the running gear for the quattro ie. diffs, gearbox etc, for around £300. sounds a bit cheap to me. Also where would be the best place to shop for the engines?

adrian

A couple of places might be audi specific breakers like allaudi and fourrings/circles cant remember which now :D Last time I looked the APR was £4500 from Audi :amazed:. Alternatively, look out for a 99/00/01 facelift B5 2.8 for silly money and use it as a donor. Most, not all, of the 2.8's came with quattro anyway, so could be two birds if you can get the Q to fit the Cabbie :toung:. Cabbies never left Audi with Quattro, Any that you might have seen have either nicked the badge or done a DIY.

Last edited by a moderator: