Audi A4 2.4 V6 - Remap it or get a Performance Exhaust?

Chargenut

Car
Audi A4 2.4 Cabrio
Hi all,

I have an Audi A4 2.4 V6 (Cabrio) and would like a bit more "go". I've noticed that in some gears there appears to be some flat spots in the rev range and wondered if a Remap or a performance exhaust might make the delivery of power smoother and maybe quicker.

Love the car, but having gone from a revvy 2.0 Alfa Romeo Spider seems a bit sluggish on the uptake (which I know will be a symptom of a large V6 engine).

Cheers,
Terry.

Hi Terry and welcome to TorqueCars. Flat spots are generally caused by faults, dirty spark plugs, broken leads, faulty MAF or Lambda sensors and the like.

When was the car last serviced? What year is it and what is the mileage? Does it have an induction kit fitted or any other performance parts?

Hi. If everything that Waynne mentioned is OK, then a remap will improve matters far more than a new exhaust. It should smooth out power delivery and add approx 10% BHP and Torque, a lot more than a fancy exhaust will do.

Last edited:
Hi Terry and welcome to TorqueCars. Flat spots are generally caused by faults, dirty spark plugs, broken leads, faulty MAF or Lambda sensors and the like.

When was the car last serviced? What year is it and what is the mileage? Does it have an induction kit fitted or any other performance parts?

Could have hit the nail on the head there Waynne... I brought the car late last year at 25,000 miles and it now has 31,000 on it... it's an 04 year and I believe it is indeed due a service (will have to get my mechanic brother on the case)...

Still tempted by a re-map though, and currently looking at a Bluefin map... anyone tried these and got any feedback? It seems a no brainer with the seven day money back warranty if you don't feel it changes anything...

Terry.

Hi. If everything that Waynne mentioned is OK, then a remap will improve matters far more than a new exhaust. It should smooth out power delivery and add approx 10% BHP and Torque, a lot more than a fancy exhaust will do.

Thanks for the feedback... that was my thought too... I also assume that exhausts gradually erode as well, (so you should expect to fit another one at some point) whereas a map is a permanent fitment for your monetary outlay...

Cheers for the info!!
Terry.

Remap takes the power from 167 to 183bhp n the torque from 162 to 177 lb/ft. Not a huge difference but will be noticeable and make it a lot smoother with a much better throttle response.