Audi A4 1.8T

samir

Wrench Pro
Car
A4 1.8T
I have a new 2007 Audi A4 1.8T, I was told by dealer that it has around 163bhp. I went to a performance car shop and told me I could get better performance by changing spark plugs, and airfilter at the moment and then I could think about buying a new ecu. Somewhere in this site I read that I could get factory setting that would boost my horsepower to 230bhp:amazed: How can this be done?

Hi Samir. I hope you are enjoying the car.

You need to get what is called a remap. Companies like REVO, Celtic tuning, and others will basically reprogram your computer and boost the engine settings to take the power up. You will need a stronger diverter valve while you are at it.

Revo are fairly international so you will probably find someone local to you. I would get a panel air filter rather than a full induction kit. I doubt spark plugs will make a difference as the car is fitted with Iridium plugs as standard which last 40,000 miles.

Smooth out the airbox for better air flow - see the thread by PGARNER on this.

Thanks for the tip Waynne, what do you have under your 1.8T hood?

This is my first audi, I like using the S where it keeps the car always alert, but when driving D sometimes it does not respond quickly.

I liked the R4 with its quadro drive, 3.2L sounds fantastic, but then thought that if I tune my 1.8T then it will give me what I need. Just love it.

I think Audi has done a major change to their brand and they are excelling. Did you see the new A4 longer more space, and those dimmers lights like the R8, cool, but not my style.

yeah the DLR lights looked nice when i seen then in the press photos but seeing them in the flesh im not so sure. bit bright at times.

is the 2007 the newer version of the 1.8 engine. the difference between then is the newer engine goes down the direct injection ( audis FSI ) route rather than the standard injection.

the air box mod if here

the second half with the bigger snorkel and air ducting was taken from the R32 engine, with a bigger cut out in the airbox to fit. since doing this the car feels a lot more responsive. and turbo lag from 2400rpm in 3rd (30mph) is near enough none existant, half a second at most, before it was about a second to reach 10-11 psi. ive not had the laptop connected back up to get new airflow reading since starting the top, and still to fully smooth it out.

you might find the the 3.2 quattro parts fit in the same way.

the 230bhp will require more work done than just the remap. but you should see around the 200-210bhp mark