audi a3 hazzard switch stays lit

Davyben

Car
A3 se 20l fsi 04
Just got A3 fsi 2litre petrol 04 plate just noticed even with lights off and no keys in igntion the hazzard triangle stays lit up is this normal or is there a family fault cheers

Before saying that there is an actual problem, have a look around the dashboard and see if anything else is staying illuminated that you might not have noticed before. It may well be the switch is at fault or a possible back feed from another device in the car which is incorrectly wired.
In reality the only light I would expect to see still on is the alarm light.

In my own Saab, some things stay illuminated and switched on for about 60 seconds after the doors have been locked. The ECU interrogates everything to see if all is ok, only if the answer is yes does it shut everything down.

Went back to car light was out after being on for hours but when u touch tailgate lock comes on briefly must be something to do with alarm system but does not get a mention in the handbook

My apprentice has a 2009 A3 1.8 turbo 5 door hatch, he is back off holiday on Saturday so I will ask him for some feed back as to what his switch is up to. If you don't get a definitive answer from the forum by then buddy then hopefully I can shed some light on it for you on Sunday! Hang in there ;)