audi a3 1.9 tdi 110bhp 1999 is it a pd?

robsta

Car
Audi A3 1.9TDI SPOR
Hi Just wondering if it is possible to improve the performance with this model?? i recently bought a plug and go chip that is supposed to go between the fuel temperature sensor, but i could not find this, the diagram i was given had pictures of various engines and where it went but i could not see. also the chip is for all tdi pd engines.. er bit stumped. any ideas??
thanks, robsta.

if its one of those cheap reisister jobbies that fool your sensor throw it away mate. it will mess up your car in the long run.
if its a piggy back ecu then sorry i dont know... some one will prolly be able to help out

HI Robsta and welcome to TorqueCars - yay another fellow A3 owner.

This does sound like an air temp mod which I would not recommend. You cannot beat the effect from a full remap. It will cost more but they say you get what you pay for. You will not be dissapointed with a remap - try REVO for your car.

The 110bhp is not a PD engine. (The 115 was the first PD implementation) But Celtic tuning will see you the right side of 150bhp for a few hundred quid. Please don't waste any time with plug ins/piggybacks they're all crap. A remap will give you nearly 250lbft of torque as well as smoothing out the power delivery.

Thanks for the replies guys, i am new to this site and i have been to a few audi forums, but i must say this site really is the dogs! i have looked at revo tuning, but it can prove quite costly obviously you get what you pay for, my nephew has just had his a3, 2.o turbo revod" and it is really really quick now, but i have the diesel and i not sure if spending all that cash will give it a bigger bite than its bark,

We're a pretty friendly enthusiastic bunch on here ;)

It will be the best money you spend on the car. Nothing else comes close for the amount of extra power you will get. Some remappers offer a trial run or money back guarantee so give one of these a go or talk with Revo.

Well, i spoke to the guys at celtic, they tell me because of its age it has to have the old style ship fitted, they can do this for 360 quid, which is ok, ish, but just wondering if its worth it, or maybe selling the car and getting an s3?? I just want a bit more power really,, i thought with the car being a sport it might act a little sporty, but really its about as sporty as a pro dart player! Its only done 67,000 and the car interior still smells like new, what would it be worth, i paid 6,500 for it in feb 07,

Yeah, I'd go for it. Celtic are clever. They'll create a custom map for your car but load iit onto a new chip and install that in the ECU.

The results are every bit as good as a remap but it's slightly more invasive than connecting to the diagnostic port. Hence the slightly higher cost. And still inifnitely superior to what you'd get with a superchips generic job (they want over £500!).

Don't even think about plugins.

Again, you'll feel it. No question. And it'll pull harder than you ever think it will.