audi 100

enzo

Car
audi 100 2.3quattro
has anyone an idea for more hp's for my audi ?
im thinking to chiptune it and give it an open air filter and an open muffler and i think that will give me a boost of 40 hp ??:cheesy:
its an audi 100 2.3 quattro from 1991 .
gtrz!!

Is this the 5 cylinder engine? If so 40bhp is a big ask. You would be better off finding a 200 turbo engine, if you can find one, I say 200 turbo as it is the same as the UR coupe engine, just you would be charged more if you said Quattro Coupe engine!

You could always take it out to 2.4 and fit race spec cams. Alot of work assuming you can still get the bits for it. The 2.3 block might well be the turbo block, get the serial number off it, I'll see if I can find my 'black book' of Audi tuning info. :blink1:

Agree 100% with Stamford here.

The best mods for a car engine are as follows.
Internal work yields the biggest gains, head work like porting polishing and 3 angle valve jobs will maximise the airflow and raise the power.

If you want to go to the max then cryo treat the block, get it rebored and look into blueprinting and balancing as well.

Bigger valves are an obvious addon but not all engines are suitable as it depends how close together the OEM valves are.

A fast road cam will yield good power gains, especially in the top end of the rev range. Don't go mad though a profile of up to 270 degrees will give the best gains without the engine becoming cammy.

The most popular power mods are induction kits (which are questionable as power mods but they can sound nice if that is your sort of thing) and sports exhausts with sports catalysts or decats.

To keep the car legal I'd recommend a sports catalyst rather than a decat.
The last mod should always be a remap as this will allow you to fully realise the power gains on offer from your mods.

It's worth having a read of the articles on www.torquecars.com/tuning/ for more information on these mods and what the terms mean.

You can spend a lot of money on this engine and not have a massive power gain at the end of the day.

i can get a 200 turbo engine but i think its not just plug and play right ?
i mean okay if it's just the engine swap but if i got any welding to do it stops.
i think it's an : AAR engine

grtz

i can get a 200 turbo engine but i think its not just plug and play right ?
i mean okay if it's just the engine swap but if i got any welding to do it stops.
i think it's an : AAR engine

grtz

It will bolt straight in, as long as you have the ecu then this should also connect to the same plug and loom. Exhaust will need to be modifed to accept the turbo manifold arrangement, but if you can source an OE front section then it would fit with no mods. I would be assuming that it is running the Bosch K-Jetronic system, so all is okay.

I have converted a 200 turbo to nasp 2.2 as the engine blew. Also fitted a 2.2 turbo engine to a 2.0 coupe.

wauw thanks very nice information !
then im giong to look for al the components and i'm very tempted to put that engine in it

grtz