Audi 1.8t queries

M

Max

Hey everyone iv just signed up here as iv bought a 1.8t A3 just last week.. its the 150bhp model with a remap.. i bought it with the intention of fitting a bigger turbo.. can anyone give me any tips really.. how much difference do you get from the K03s turbo? or is it better to go for a K04? with everything i would need for the K04 i could just get from someone breaking a S3? what parts would i need?

Thanks guys
Max :cheesy:

try getting an s3 engine and just swapping it? it might work out cheaper than buying all the parts seperate

depending on what age your a3 is or if its had a new turbo from audi in the last few years then chances are it will have the 03s turbo fitted.

ok if it just has the standard 03 turbo then your looking at a max of 200bhp. if you fit the 03s then your looking at around 210 after a remap, few other mods and a more aggressive map and your looking around 230ish. most will say that 240 is the safe limit for it.
hybridising the turbo will allow you some more to around 270ish.

k04 swap youll need

3" MAF
turbo intake pipe
turbo
oil lines
coolant lines
better intercooler the s3 has twin side mounts.
piping for the turbo to the intercooler and from intercooler to intake manifold
injectors
exhaust manifold
downpipe - will need the flange cut off it and welded to your current downpipe - id say get a sports cat and larger downpipe.
4bar fuel pressure reg - your is 3 bar

thats just off the top of my head im sure theres more

depending on what age your a3 is or if its had a new turbo from audi in the last few years then chances are it will have the 03s turbo fitted.

ok if it just has the standard 03 turbo then your looking at a max of 200bhp. if you fit the 03s then your looking at around 210 after a remap, few other mods and a more aggressive map and your looking around 230ish. most will say that 240 is the safe limit for it.
hybridising the turbo will allow you some more to around 270ish.

k04 swap youll need

3" MAF
turbo intake pipe
turbo
oil lines
coolant lines
better intercooler the s3 has twin side mounts.
piping for the turbo to the intercooler and from intercooler to intake manifold
injectors
exhaust manifold
downpipe - will need the flange cut off it and welded to your current downpipe - id say get a sports cat and larger downpipe.
4bar fuel pressure reg - your is 3 bar

thats just off the top of my head im sure theres more

+ the S3 intake manifold.
4bar FP is not needed, standard S3 one is fine.
While you're doing all that, you might as well throw some forged rods in the engine.