Attention seekers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you seek attention when you are out in your car? If so which category do you fall into...

1) Noise, induction kit, sports exhaust and lots of revving.
2) Style, tasteful or even tacky body bods, paint job and stickers.
3) Fast driving, tyre screeching into the bends.
4) I don't like drawing attention to myself at all..

I'm definately a no 4. Give me a fast and fun sleeper anyday.

well am all for no.4

but driving one of the loudest cars in chatham around and the look of it i cant be not seen or heard

but i dont go round wheel spinning due to the back axle on its last legs
and dont really go quick cos of but mpg as it is

so will have to be a bit of 1&2

well i do no3 quite regular but on a&b roads for my own pleasure not to draw the attention of anyone
so im more no4 in everyday driving

I like a tasteful cat-back exhaust - if it gets me attention from enthusiasts who appreciate a decent engine sound, that's fine. I'm not one for Halfords special back-boxes that make horrific droning sounds off the back of Nova's.

I've actually had the driver of an M3 Coupe with the top down follow the W8 into a local pub car-park to commend the noise he heard as I roared up the hill after joining a roundabout in front of him.

I've had numerous people ask about it while I have been filling up with petrol etc etc

There is nothing wrong with attention for the right reasons...

But it's always fun to out accelerate type 1 and 2 drivers, especially if it's in the gutless Dispatch :D

I used to be a 3 but now I think Im turning into a 4. Police attention is something you really don't want :lol:

im a no4 but i think my car would fall under 1 and 2 :S but it dosen't sound or look like a chav mobile covered in halfrauds stickers with a dustbin welded to its arse.

4. frankly i get a bit embarrased when riding in cars that fit catagory 1 or 2 , though somtimes i can be a bit too enthusiastic speed wise, slipping occaisionally into catagory 3 upon which i blush and try to hide in the footwell.:embarrest:

I'm a 2 that turned into a 4 who laughs at 1 and is surrounded by 3 constantly. (But I'm also a 3 when nobody's watching)

Last edited:
im number 4 the car can be very noisy it does pop and bang and i hate it when people look i rather go out for a nice drive get to where i have to be and be done with it....

I'm a 3 and a 4 because that's just the way I drive half of the time not because I seek attention. You don't need to seek attention to get it in a beautiful car ;)

Never liked too much attention as it just gets you into trouble either with the law or unsavory people.

I am guilty of a bit of showing off with no 3 in front of friends however just for a laugh (i.e. Handbrake into parking space at work when no other cars around). I look like a nob doing it and thats why its funny.