At Last!. I have started on my car ;-) PART 2

One of those jobs that is small but will take a long time.

Started on sorting out the door panel gaps. A work in progress. Looking to keep gaps as narrow in order to reduce aerodynamic drag. Improvement won't be measurable but as I have to sort the gaps out making them narrow is no more work than making them wider. Well, it is as it is harder to make narrow gaps look even than it is wider ones. However, the proposed paint scheme will tend to disguise them, along with my crap body finishing skills :)

20200614_123757.jpg20200614_123514.jpg

Great to see that you are still beavering away and getting ever closer to it's first 1/4 mile debut :) |B

Hi.
Although the lockdown hasn't affected us very much, it has meant that we have not gone out at all. Julia has been working on the garden and I have spent most of my time in the garage. The doors and roof got made a lot quicker than I had imagined so I am now a lot further on than I would have been. Thanks Covid-19 :)

I have also hardened up on my paint scheme, as you can see :) The paint supplier is now back on line so I will be ordering the paint soon.

It is now mostly details, but these take a lot longer than you think and there are a lot of them. Oh, well, one spoonful at a time :)

Hi.
Although the lockdown hasn't affected us very much, it has meant that we have not gone out at all. Julia has been working on the garden and I have spent most of my time in the garage. The doors and roof got made a lot quicker than I had imagined so I am now a lot further on than I would have been. Thanks Covid-19 :)

I have also hardened up on my paint scheme, as you can see :) The paint supplier is now back on line so I will be ordering the paint soon.

It is now mostly details, but these take a lot longer than you think and there are a lot of them. Oh, well, one spoonful at a time :)
have you chosen the wheels?

They look a bit like what we used to call them Jellybean wheels as the holes were the same shape as JB's

They look a bit like what we used to call them Jellybean wheels as the holes were the same shape as JB's
:), Yeah, I see what you mean. But now I can't unsee that! They were known simply as Wolfrace wheels over here as that was the company that made them. Or slot mags.

This may not be the best way of adjusting door gaps but it works for me :)

Cardboard for the gap.

20200618_114319.jpg

P40 as the filler.

20200618_122252.jpg

Needs fettling but getting there.

20200618_150241.jpg

There is an old mechanic nearby, where I work, and he only works with old british cars and motorbikes. I admire him for that and wished I could go and help him so could learn things.

Does he work at weekends, or do you?
it is like a private garage, and he works whenever, wherever he wants, sometimes I have seen they hang out there, a bunch of old men lol. He has a old mini on the lift, a jaguar Xkr waiting, a MG roadster from the new ones, with circle front lights, shamely don't know what model it is, has mid engine, and back his garage is a rotten old mini station wagon. pretty cool. Once he had a Caterham 7 there, pretty car. I do work some saturdays.

it is like a private garage, and he works whenever, wherever he wants, sometimes I have seen they hang out there, a bunch of old men lol. He has a old mini on the lift, a jaguar Xkr waiting, a MG roadster from the new ones, with circle front lights, shamely don't know what model it is, has mid engine, and back his garage is a rotten old mini station wagon. pretty cool. Once he had a Caterham 7 there, pretty car. I do work some saturdays.

Just go over and introduce yourself. Be humble and don't try too hard to impress because you will fail :) He may welcome free help or he may not but there is only one way to find out.

Last edited: