At Last!. I have started on my car ;-) PART 2

Lunchmoney

The Torque Meister
From
Uk
Car
'98 JDM Impreza STI
Hi, Im a new one here, I was wondering should I set up a racing steering wheel. I mean, I like the way it looks but I’m not that sure about the practical side. Does anybody have it? Is that suitable in terms of options and stuff. Which one would you recommend?
Might want to start your own thread rather than hijacking someone's project thread.

old-git

From
Essex
Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Ur still not done with the car mate? LoL you look good on camera btw :D Just kidding, hope you don't mind.
Love the progress, amazing work done!
No, but a lot closer. Although retired, the lockdown meant that I stayed at home so have been able to spend a lot more time in the garage, resulting in all the big carbon jobs being done. Now I am working on getting the body ready for paint, but this isn't an easy jobs as there are a lot of areas that need finishing.

charger69

Pro Tuner
From
gostivar, macedonia
Car
Opel Corsa B X14XE
No, but a lot closer. Although retired, the lockdown meant that I stayed at home so have been able to spend a lot more time in the garage, resulting in all the big carbon jobs being done. Now I am working on getting the body ready for paint, but this isn't an easy jobs as there are a lot of areas that need finishing.
Agree, bodywork is delicate

old-git

From
Essex
Car
Elan & Robin Hood
We have been having a major tidy up of the barn and finding lots of stuff. One thing I found was a tin of Isopon P40, my favourite filler/repair paste. I thought, great, as I had a need for some. However, on opening the tin the paste was a little stiffer than I remembered. Then I thought about it and this tin was bought when I was still living at home, so it is at least 38 years old and probably over 40! Used it for a small repair but decided to bin it and get a new pot for the the next 40 years :)

20200609_120305.jpg

old-git

From
Essex
Car
Elan & Robin Hood
One of those jobs that is small but will take a long time.

Started on sorting out the door panel gaps. A work in progress. Looking to keep gaps as narrow in order to reduce aerodynamic drag. Improvement won't be measurable but as I have to sort the gaps out making them narrow is no more work than making them wider. Well, it is as it is harder to make narrow gaps look even than it is wider ones. However, the proposed paint scheme will tend to disguise them, along with my crap body finishing skills :)

20200614_123757.jpg20200614_123514.jpg

old-git

From
Essex
Car
Elan & Robin Hood
Great to see that you are still beavering away and getting ever closer to it's first 1/4 mile debut :) |B
Hi.
Although the lockdown hasn't affected us very much, it has meant that we have not gone out at all. Julia has been working on the garden and I have spent most of my time in the garage. The doors and roof got made a lot quicker than I had imagined so I am now a lot further on than I would have been. Thanks Covid-19 :)

I have also hardened up on my paint scheme, as you can see :) The paint supplier is now back on line so I will be ordering the paint soon.

It is now mostly details, but these take a lot longer than you think and there are a lot of them. Oh, well, one spoonful at a time :)

charger69

Pro Tuner
From
gostivar, macedonia
Car
Opel Corsa B X14XE
Hi.
Although the lockdown hasn't affected us very much, it has meant that we have not gone out at all. Julia has been working on the garden and I have spent most of my time in the garage. The doors and roof got made a lot quicker than I had imagined so I am now a lot further on than I would have been. Thanks Covid-19 :)

I have also hardened up on my paint scheme, as you can see :) The paint supplier is now back on line so I will be ordering the paint soon.

It is now mostly details, but these take a lot longer than you think and there are a lot of them. Oh, well, one spoonful at a time :)
have you chosen the wheels?