At last I have a proper Gallery INSTRUCTIONS HERE!

The old torquecars Gallery is still publicly available see the link at the top to browse the show photos.

Here are the instructions on how to post images in any post on this forum.

Rules:
Cars only, No Girls, No Legs, No Bikinis no skin just things that run on Petrol and that have 2,3 or 4 wheels!

To insert a picture. YOU NEED A MINIMUM OF 10 POSTS.

Go advanced (This should have the smilies menu on the right) - Click in the message area where you want the photo to appear (if you don't do this the pic will not be inserted in your message). Then - under the smilies in a My Photos box (hopefully) You have 2 options open and quick upload - choose open, select the picture and it will be inserted in the post.

If the menu is not appearing for you let me know.

2nd way (this needs you to know the web address URL of the picture) Click the little mountain icon at the top, type in the URL of the picture click ok and the image is inserted.(This works best if your images are hosted elsewhere and you know the URL) When you view your pictures there are 2 BB Code links underneath which show the Link and image URL (I'd just use the second one as it is simpler)

If uploading 2 or more pictures leave a gap between then as it makes editing them later easier.

All uploaded images may well appear within the pages of TorqueCars so don't upload if you don't want them to go public! :D

Last edited:
We have now got the gallery up and running - its still in Beta so let me have your suggestions and comments especially if you find some errors or issues. Each user has 4meg of storage space for Car Photo's. www.torquecars.com/chat/gallery/ The photos are also web compressed so no more 56k warning notices needed.

I have just uploaded another 600 :shock: car show & cruise photos into the Gallery (A big thankyou to ISAMU for supplying the pics!) Please rate them and comment on them to let me know what you'd like to see more of in the Gallery!

Phew - I've just upgraded the Members Gallery and it seems to be working better than ever. The error messages are now gone - let me know if you experience any problems uploading images or creating a gallery and I'll sort it for you.

Gaaah. I've totally killed the gallery. I was trying to integrate it into this forum and ended up locking myself out and corrupting the database. Sorry that the gallery is offline at the moment. I'm working on a new one so watch this space. Please post photos into the forums own picture upload (which is available if you have done 10+ posts)

The old gallery is back up but you will not be able to login to upload images unless you registered before 01 01 08. The integration will just not work for me.

Instead if you want to upload images first you must have 10 posts. Then...
To insert a picture.

Go advanced (This should have the smilies menu on the right) - Click in the message area where you want the photo to appear (if you don't do this the pic will not be inserted in your message). Then - under the smilies in a My Photos box (hopefully) You have 2 options open and quick upload - choose open, select the picture and it will be inserted in the post.

If the menu is not appearing for you let me know.

2nd way (this needs you to know the web address URL of the picture) Click the little mountain icon at the top, type in the URL of the picture click ok and the image is inserted.(This works best if your images are hosted elsewhere and you know the URL) When you view your pictures there are 2 BB Code links underneath which show the Link and image URL (I'd just use the second one as it is simpler)

If uploading 2 or more pictures leave a gap between then as it makes editing them later easier.