ASTRA X16XEL missfire HELP!!!!!

hristohristov

Car
MK4 Astra 1.6 16v
Hi everyone!!!
I am new in this forum and I need some help regarding my Astra G 1.6 16v X16XEL.
The engine it seems to missfire and you can hear the exhaust not sounds properly.
There is no fault code stored by the ECU,I've been replaced the coil pack,spark plugs,genuine engine oil,camshaft and crank sensors,MAP sensor,temp sensor,ICV,new EGR valve,cleaned the throttle body(didn't change the gasket),new cat back system,K&N panel filter.
It's running good I think,the power is ok when I'm driving,the charcoal canister it's clicking all the time(I don't know why).I feel like the car is burning oil(black exhaust),probably worn valve stems,can they affect the runing of the engine???The RPM goes from 725 to 800 up and down,also when I'm changing the gears the RPM goes up a bit.
I can give you the output test result from the reading and I will be happy if someone try to help me to solve the problem with my car.
Thank you !!!

Battery Voltage 14.5 V
Blink Code Request Inactive 12V
Fuel Pump Relay Active 0V
TPS Signal (Throttle Position Sensor) 0%
TPS Signal (Throttle Position Sensor) 0.51 V
MAP Sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) 0.41 bar
MAP Sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) 1.66 V
Coolant Temperature 87 °C
Coolant Temperature 2.14 V
Intake Air Temperature 12 °C
Intake Air Temperature 3.63 V
A/C Coding (Air Conditioning) A/C Detected
A/C Information Switch (Air Conditioning) Inactive 0V
A/C Load Signal (Air Conditioning) Inactive
A/C Pressure 3.20 bar
Telltale (Check Light) Off 12V
Injection Pulse 3.5 ms
Clear Flood Mode Inactive
Spark Angle before TDC (Top Dead Centre) 5 °CA
Knock Cell Number 10
Cyl.1 Knock Retard 0 °CA
Cyl.2 Knock Retard 0 °CA
Cyl.3 Knock Retard 0 °CA
Cyl.4 Knock Retard 0 °CA
EGR Position Command (Exhaust- Gas Recirculation) 0%
EGR Position Feedback (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) 0%
EGR Position Feedback (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) 0.82 V
Fuel Tank Ventilation Valve 0%
O2 Sensor 530 mV
Air/Fuel Ratio 14.6
O2 Sensor Loop Closed
Air/Fuel Status Rich
O2 Integrator 127
O2-Loop BLM Enable (Block Learn Map) Active
O2 BLM Cell Number (Block Learn Multiplier) 18
O2 BLM Cell Content (Block Learn Multiplier) 110
O2 Sensor Heater Active
Engine Speed 775 RPM
Idle Air Control 19 Steps
IAC Control Enable (Idle Air Control) Active
Desired Engine Idle Speed 775 RPM
Idle Adjust Not Modified
Engine Load 9%
A/C Request (Air Conditioning) Inactive 12V
Dec. Fuel Cutoff (Deceleration) Inactive
Full Load Enrichment Inactive
Immobiliser Function Programmed Yes
Security Wait Time Inactive
Low Fan Inactive 12V
High Fan Inactive 12V

Has the battery been disconnected recently. If so it's just the learning period whilst the ECU resets itself to the cars settings, 300 miles or so of driving should clear this up.

Could this be down to a faulty DMF (dual mass flywheel)? Does it rattle a bit on revving?

Hi wayne,thank's for your reply.When I bought the car was fine,then a new K&N panel filter has been fitted,full servicing and a new cat back system from John Ashley.Also I clean the EGR which after I replace with a genuine one,clean the throttle body but didn't replace the gasket(this weekend I will put a new one),also clean all wire connectors(I don't know why).The exhaust missfire before I change tha exhaust.
Is it possible to be from the K&N panel filter or clogged injectors or a air leak???
Cheers mate for your help!!!
Chris

Drop the old filter back on and at least we can then see if it's air flow related. The AFR seems ok to me, does it hover around that level by .2:1 ?

Exhaust improvements may be required to smooth the airflow through the engine and it could actually be running lean as the filter is now delivering too much air.

Fuel injectors could be faulty, or just dirty. If the mileage is high it would be worth dropping in some BG44k assuming we're talking petrol engines here (just covering myself really) and letting this do it's work at cleaning up the injectors and valves.

I will try to put a standard one,I will get one and try Waynne.What do you mean 0.2:1?Also what is the BG44K,is it that ne who spray trouhg the air flow pipe?Is it possible to be a intake manifold gasket,I mean to have a air leak somewhere.
Thank you very much mate,I appreciate your help!!!

An ideal AFR is Air/Fuel Ratio 14.7:1 so anything around this is fine, just make sure it's staying around that level!

You put the BG44K in your fuel tank and it works much like Redex but is a lot stronger and does a really good job, I use it in mine every 6 months or so.

BTW when I made the diagnostic with the op-com I record it while driving and I can see that the air-fuel ratio drops to 12:1 at some point,at idle is 14.6:1which is not so good,what do you think???

That seems ok, my AFR reads between 14.6 and 14.9 when cruising or idling.
If I really put my foot down the reading has shot down to 8's and sometimes lower and if you take your foot off the throttle quickly after that little hard run then my gauge goes up to 17's which shows the car is running a tad lean until the ECU readjusts itself, all perfectly fine!