astra vxr tuning

NRBG455

Car
astra vxr burg 2.0T
hi just joined the forum, am looken 2 do sum major engine work including pistons, rods and crank was reading the opening page of torque cars and as av basically killed my engine. and am not sure were 2 start and in wat order 2 start the modifications and can it be done in stages, any advice greatly appreciated. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

well i remaped the car few months ago and instead of using bp ultimate i used tesco petrol which raised the heat inside the engine 2 a level that melted two spark plugs and other engine damage so engine is being opened up. my m8 says av gt zero pressure in cylinder 3 with cylinders 1, 2, and 4 reading low the car will drive but sounds like a really bad diesel and the car goes into limp mode so not driven far, bin off the road for months. ok so ur saying engine out, f it was yours wat wuld you do i hav the pennys 2 have a play with play with but need guidence.

if youve got the money why the hell did you put cheap crap fuel in for ?

if youve got decent money, low compression pistons and forged rods and crank if the engine doesnt already have them as standard. this will allow more boost unless the turbo is already close to max in which case a bigger turbo.

Bloody hell, who mapped it? It should run less well than normal on 95 RON but no way should it do that damage even if it's mapped on BP ultimate. Unless the ignition timing was advanced too far, or there was some other cause? You haven't recently ramped the boost up or anything?

Did your friend do a wet test? Have you not taken the head off yet?

If it was mine I would rebuild with forged low comp pistons and Arrow rods, full blue-printed lightened and balanced bottom end, gas flowed head, maybe larger exhaust valves, ports matched, steel HG, some animal of a turbo (GT2871R or bigger), intercooler, tubular manifold and custom 3" straight-thru. All running on standalone EMS with traction control and launch control. Being as you have the pennies, that should only set you back £6k or so excluding any labour (apart from mapping and gas flowing). However, I'm not a Vauxhall man.

A lot depends on how its driven. High RPM on to low an octane will cause knock!:eek:

Nice to have you along. If it were me I would strengthen the whole engine, get it balanced and blueprinted. Head work should include a port, polish and faster road cam then look into bigger valves with a 5 angle valve port grind.

You might also think about reboring the engine out to a 2.1 or 2.2 although you should get it stress tested and match the bore to whatever piston sizes you can get.

A lighter flywheel will also make the engine a little more rev happy.

Where are you based? Please also avoid the TXT speak as per our terms and conditions.