Astra VXR Heater

Tricati

Wrench Pro
Car
Vauxhall Antara 2.2
My partners "59 reg SRi has a fantastic heater, quick to reach temperature & the fan settings seem to be blowing twice as hard & hot as my VXR. Anybody enlighten me as to any known differences between the 2 models & their heaters?

What engine is your SRi? Also have a look at the size of the piping from header tank and radiator on both cars. You will most likely fin dthat they are bigger on your VXR turbo than your SRi, especially if your SRi is below a 2.0. I wouldn't worry too much.

I get the same thing with my cars. The N/A V6 Vectra comes up to temp quite quickly and blows really well, the scooby on the other isn't as good but I dont think the climate in the car was subarus main concern at the time lol. as the pipes are alot bigger than my Vectra due to it needing more water cooling.

Cheers all, will have to check both cars out side by side over weekend (nothing special on that I can think of!) regarding the heater & connecting hoses. Although my car, a 09 2.0Ltr Turbo VXR Racing model, does heat up & blow warm air it's about a third as powerful fan at same setting as the 1.8Ltr SRi & the temperature appears much lower at full setting.

I only ask as my Vitara has an electrical problem with the temperature sensor bringing the rad fan on when not required meaning the car at moment doesnt run at anything near normal temperature, new sensor on order though.