ASTRA MK4 1.6 16V X16XEL help!!!!!

hristohristov

Car
MK4 Astra 1.6 16v
Hi all,since I bought my car I have one problem which I still don't know from where can be.The car is perfect for me,when I'm driving is amazing but when example the car is on idle speed and I press the accelerator slowly I can hear some clicking noise somewhere under the front driver's side panel and when I'm driving is the same and I think on high rpm stops that noise.
If someone can help me will be great:)
This car will be my project for the future so I have to fix these small problems and start performance and upgrade her.
Since now I fit K&N replacement element,cat back exhaust sistem(thank's to John Ashley;),the sound is amazing)soon I will fit exhaust manifold from him as well.I service the car with Eneos engine oil 5w40 fully synthetic,GM spark plugs and all other filters are GM.The coilpack is replaced with Lucas one.Soon I will upgrade the brakes with 280mm ones.The car runs great!!!
Thanks to anyone who can help me with that clicking noise:)

I had this very car. Still do infact. It's just SORN at the moment with not knowing what to do with it. I had a similar ticking noise and I believed it was just the alternator, perfectly normal. When you have enough post put some pictures up.

And welcome to Torquecars.

Thanks for the quick respond,I appreciate guys,my car is a T reg 1999
Again-the ticking noise is from my driver side front panel.I really want to sort this problem and hopefully I will :)

No, apparently it's a perfectly normal noise. Don't worry about it. I am thinking of breaking my car, if you are interested in any parts let me know. It's a great condition mechanically, and the interior is very clean. Engine has done 82,000 miles if i remember correctly. It has 17" wolfrace wheels too.

Jakeymd If is possible can you tell me what is the condition of your suspension and what type is,also can you post some pics of your wheels,headlights(what type).Is everything standard on your car,any mods on the body,brakes ect.

sorry for the delay I am currently in Germany. I will answer you next week when I return to the u.k.

Suspension is standard and is in good condition. My car is the sport model which was pre-SXi and they tried many different varieties before they settled on the one they put in the SXi so i'm not really sure what type it is. I have put pictures up of my car in another thread you started about styling. Body work and headlights are in poor condition i'm afraid after a light front impact. Headlights didn't smash (thats how light) but the brackets broke. No other mods apart from a broken debadge front grill (still have the original) and a red and black gear stick gaiter.