Aston Martin Snow tyres

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
This wheel has an optional extra, spikes. These are used in very snowy conditions to give grip on ice. On dry clear roads they are next to useless so will typically only get limited use in the UK. The picture below shows a set of skis which pop down giving extra stability and straight line [...]
More...

What are your thoughts of this then? Is this your thing? How would you improve on this? Would you like to see this parked outside your house?

I am guessing the car is the Vanquish S from Die another Day. If the car comes with the tyres then, I would have it at the drop of a hat. You could then take the car to Sweden and do some winter racing. :lol:

Seriously though, there are places in the world where you really need these tyres. I have lived in two places where tyres like these would have been very useful - Misawa in Northern Japan (used to get Siberian snows and had to dig trenches to get around) and Plattsburgh in Northern New York where the windchill used to get to -60f. In these places, during the winter you spend most of your time driving on ice.

The ski's are strange though - I haven't really ever seen that on a road car before.

aye tacitus but you would lose alot of the performance as the V12 were ditched for something lighter iirc it was a v6 but they were converted to 4wd to help on the snow