Arrogant Sods!

bigbadjoe

Pro Tuner
Car
Evo 8 @ 400bhp
I am sick to the back teeth of this situation. I will try and explain.

Inner city/town, two lanes of road, one lane is full of parked cars as there is no double yellows. There is one and a half lanes for traffic to pass. Now the common procedure is for the lane with no parked cars to drive as normal and the lane with parked cars, the driver on that side of the road should slow down, pull into a space to allow the cars with the right of way to pass.

Well I am sick of people driving large 4x4 kias and nissans, or BMW or Merc drivers ignoring this and being adamant they will just plough all the way down the road with the parked cars on and making you wate, even know you have right of way.

The next time, I'm thinking of sitting in the middle of the road, taking out my 9 iron from the boot and give them a piece of mind.

your sickness explains the dumbness of the modern car production ideas - large SUV, cars good for nothing, either in the road, either off it, big engines, nearly no performance, good for nothing shortly, SUV are like fat people, so imagine yourself getting stuck with a fat guy in elevator.

yes, do it!! a range rover tried to push me off the road before as i was driving through the roadworks at the 50mph limit on the dual carrigeway (paraniod about average speed cameras) - of course once we were out it was to some amusement when they tried to keep up on the tighter bends later on, thought they wouold coup it.
but in the city no need for big 4x4's like this, just whack them all (of course except Rob's).
charger - hey! i'm a fat guy, nothing wrong with a bit of extra meat,

I can understand EXACTLY how you feel! Here in India, they now park on both sides of the road, and these large SUV's driven by mostly morons and half wits, come at you, swipe your side mirrors, then give you a dirty look.
I just wish I was younger, I have come to realise belatedly, that older drivers have no place on our roads here.

Last edited:
yes, do it!! a range rover tried to push me off the road before as i was driving through the roadworks at the 50mph limit on the dual carrigeway (paraniod about average speed cameras) - of course once we were out it was to some amusement when they tried to keep up on the tighter bends later on, thought they wouold coup it.
but in the city no need for big 4x4's like this, just whack them all (of course except Rob's).
charger - hey! i'm a fat guy, nothing wrong with a bit of extra meat,

nothing wrong, exactly, the dogs will be fed for a year, hehe.
kidding.
didn't mean no offense, just hate SUV and did a bad compare, sorry.

Only my 9 iron! You never know when it can come in handy!

Was advised my a ''pal'' not to carry a steel bar inside the car as I have no day to day need for it and it could be seen as a weapon!

It's a nice idea and it's tempting. But please don't do this. It's not worth the legal recriminations, never mind the conscience and guilt that follows having put someone in hospital.

Some drivers are absolutely ignorant and arrogant. Many do drive large cars - BMW drivers are a particular problem - strangely those in the smaller cars are as bad.

But I find the opposite problem in that I do drive a BMW and get treated like I have the generic BMW attitude to go with it. I don't! I'm a courteous road user.

I do agree though, some people would do well to re-read the highway code, learn some manners, and learn some basic bloody human compassion. And not wonder why they are not very popular when they do as your describing.

always find it quite funny when they try to do it when i am in my landrover
as it is just a off roader now so is beat up bull bars on the front ect

they do try to come down teh road if like you say you have the right of way i never move to the side only to them they soon move out the way when i they see i dont care about my car

and normaly do the same what ever car i am in

It is funny to watch the situations some drivers create for themselves and then wonder who's going to unpick it for them.

But carrying a weapon is not a good policy. It's even better not to disclose it openly.

I do think that there is some natural law that makes drivers with smaller cars get forced off the road and those with larger cars get right of way more frequently.

My wife and I was driving a loan car - a small Micra. When she was driving she commented how rude other drivers were and how they all tried to push through. I then drove the Micra, rather assertively and didn't give away any obvious "giving way" signals through road postion or speed.

I got the same problem as her though, people just didn't give way and actually seemed suprised that I was trying it on! The same situation in my Audi (not a massive car BTW) is totally different.

I fully agree with your points as well as other repliers
People DO seem to have this attitude of ME,ME or I, I, I
All of us can give examples of this behaviour. I must also agree with the comments of NOT to take aggressive action/s yourself. Yes it is frustrating and IF there is a crash It will probably be most difficult to place blame. Finally I need to draw EVERYONES attention to 2 remarks made in your grunt
I am sorry to tell you that you do NOT have ANY right of way on the road/s!!
The quote in HC is something like: You can proceed only if the road is clear....... I know that many many drivers believe the right of way directive but you just dont. Neither does the car trying to force its way through. In a crash drivers often cite I had right of way. The ONLY roaduser who Does have right of way is a Pedestrian. So, yet again; if an idiot steps off the kerb YOU have to stop for him/her (if you can!!)The only ?cure? might be to visit your Dentist and have your back teeth seen to:lol:
I am sick to the back teeth of this situation. I will try and explain.

Inner city/town, two lanes of road, one lane is full of parked cars as there is no double yellows. There is one and a half lanes for traffic to pass. Now the common procedure is for the lane with no parked cars to drive as normal and the lane with parked cars, the driver on that side of the road should slow down, pull into a space to allow the cars with the right of way to pass.

Well I am sick of people driving large 4x4 kias and nissans, or BMW or Merc drivers ignoring this and being adamant they will just plough all the way down the road with the parked cars on and making you wate, even know you have right of way.

The next time, I'm thinking of sitting in the middle of the road, taking out my 9 iron from the boot and give them a piece of mind.

I guess its a worldwide problem!!! Here in Kiev its the same(( People driving SUVs and other jeeps they think that they hired the road for themselves. They park wherever they think its comfortable for them and they block the road!!! Our police here .............. they not worth even wearing their uniform))))

I am sorry to tell you that you do NOT have ANY right of way on the road/s!!
The quote in HC is something like: You can proceed only if the road is clear....... I know that many many drivers believe the right of way directive but you just dont. Neither does the car trying to force its way through. In a crash drivers often cite I had right of way. The ONLY roaduser who Does have right of way is a Pedestrian. So, yet again; if an idiot steps off the kerb YOU have to stop for him/her (if you can!!)The only ?cure? might be to visit your Dentist and have your back teeth seen to:lol:

just to clarify, is this also true if one of the parties has to cross over the white line? Had always understood (iirc) from my driving instructor that whoever had to cross the white line in the centre of the road shld be the one to give way as the oncoming vehicle (staying in its own lane) has right of way?
I cannot remember (and surely never bothered to look) what the HC says in reference to this? Glabus, you surely know?

just to clarify, is this also true if one of the parties has to cross over the white line? Had always understood (iirc) from my driving instructor that whoever had to cross the white line in the centre of the road shld be the one to give way as the oncoming vehicle (staying in its own lane) has right of way?
I cannot remember (and surely never bothered to look) what the HC says in reference to this? Glabus, you surely know?

I agree

Hi,
I have to say that it is some time since I too have read the HC Perhaps some rules as I remember ( and use) might have changed since my ADI days. However, I would use the same response as I quoted before. I am surprised that you say that your Instructor quoted the erroneous rule 'right of way' He/she should have known better!!
In essence who gives way SHOULD be the one over the white line as technically he/she is travelling, at least partly if not fully!!; On the wrong side of the road. However, in an actual situation we come back to the arrogant sods 'law'.
IF the opposing driver will not, (perhaps cannot) give way then you are back to the rule that you only have " priority if the road ahead is clear"
It will be patently obvious that if there is a great big 4x4 there the road is NOT clear. To all members I can only say that you need to use your own commonsense in these situations. Yes you may be the one who has to wait or move aside and so on. Yes it is frustrating that some fool who has no idea or concern as to the HC WILL cause you (and maybe others) delay and anger but, though it may be relieving to shout out berbal abuse or hand gestures Is this idiot going to be bothered by it??? AND, is it REALLY important that you are delayed for a short time? Within reason you can most likely make up the loss by going a bit faster to make up the time