Arhh thermostat is on its way out

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
868.gif

VAG reliability at its best.
coming home this morning i noticed the water temp down around 75 degrees, i put this down to traveling slowly and into a strong wind and snow as soon as i put the foot down it cam back up.
went out again this afternoon and after 10 miles it was still showing only showing 50 degrees. thought that it was the sender failing as they are prone and its never been changed quick check of the oil temp showed it cold as well (guage starts at 120F - 49C) thought that it must be the thermostat sticking open then suddenly remembered about alot of threads now popping up on the VAG forums with simpler problems.
no errors found on a scan - thankfully i have vagcom installed on the carputer again but its not yet skinned back into the front end.
went into VW and trying to find the thermostat in ETKA for the AUQ engine was near impossible even when using the VIN number to search eventually found it under the waterpump illustration. ordered up and will be here tomorrow. went up town and got a few other things sorted and drove back and the ruddy thing works fine now.
still going to swap it out on monday for another one if todays snow has cleared

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back