Argh!

96AccordCoupe

Road Burner
Car
1996 Accord Coupe
So my suspicions proved accurate this morning.

The bolts Honda supplied me are indeed the wrong items.

They gave me the lower arm bolts instead of the lower strut bush flange bolts.

The difference between the two is 2mm in diameter and about 6 inches in length!

So Honda have stung me for bolts, washers and nuts when I don't need them. Gonna fight like hell to get it refunded as it's a joke. I even had the parts guy looking under my car to identify the part I needed and they still ordered the wrong ones. Buncha monkeys rely on a crap diagram to work from.

This is the picture they are working from. Its clearly wrong as it indicates the lower arm bolt goes through the bush at the bottom of the strut. They gave me the bush numbered 33, the bolt numbered 25 and the associated washers etc. The bushes are correct and thank god they are as I waitied two weeks for them from HondaUSA.
cuntsg.jpg

Here is a picture of what I need. (Ignore the self locking nut circled. The suspension I got came with two nuts so gonna use them).
cunts2.jpg

I've yet to take these diagrams I found to them, to see if they can source the bolts. They are used everywhere in the suspension system though so I reckon if they swept their workshop floor they would find a couple. Just these muppets like to order stuff by part number which they get from the numbers on the diagram.

They are standard 10 x 1.25mm flange bolts. The lower arm bolt they ordered by mistake has a tensile strength of 10 marked on it so I'm thinking it'll be similar for this.

So here lies my problem. Can I get the bolts anywhere else other than Honda and should I try elsewhere if there is an alternative option? Do you think I am within my rights to demand a refund despite them stating no refunds on special orders (which all of their orders are).

Thanks

Last edited:
You should know fine well what dealers are like tbh mate. You should have taken the diagrams to Honda or looked through their system yourself to show them the bolt. That's what I do when I go to Fiat because I know they are useless. They let me into their little office to find it myself lol.

That's if I haven't already found the part number on my copy of EPER.

Before I ordered them I wasn't entirely sure what was needed. I just asked the mechanic to show me what they need under the car and then I showed the guy at Honda the same thing.

They attempted to make a comparison on the crap diagram they have and messed it up.

I have only recently acquired this service manual so I didn't have any pictures to show them before. I didn't think it was rocket science though so I stupidly overestimated their intelligence.

I'm just frustrated because I've been waiting so long to finish this aspect of the project.

Edit: What's EPER btw?

I understand your frustration. EPER is the parts and diagrams database Fiat use to find and order parts (inc. Alfa Romeo). There will be a honda equivelent.

Yeah, I'm guessing it's what they used to try and find the right bolts for me.

The page they are looking at says Rear Stabilizer/Lower Arm. There must be a page for the rear suspension as those parts aren't listed on the page they were looking at.

Im gonna ask to see the index, do what you said and see if I can take a look for myself.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back