Are you glad 2012 is over

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you pleased to have got through 2012? Was it a good year of motoring or a complete disaster?

Will 2013 be any better for you?

Motoring-wise it has been okay but had to change the MG back to road trim due to a bad back which meant no more bucket seats :( Anything else is non-car related.

Car wise its been fine otherwise glad 2012 is over!
Shame not everything in my life is as reliable as my st24!

2012 has been a relatively good year for the beast, lots of things have been made for it and several mini projects have been completed too; plus a couple more trophies have been added to the collection. Unfortunately 2012 ended with a Neanderthal knuckle dragger hitting the beast in a hit and run collision :sad2: So far my insurance company has been fantastic, so Wednesday the 2nd of January will see both the garage and the insurance people in full swing in getting all of the repairs done to my baby :)

I also went to several car meetings throughout last year and met some fantastic people at the Ace Cafe in London, Tamworth services on the M42, Bluewater shopping mall, Eversholt in Bedford, Wicksteed Park in Kettering, Swedish Day in Somerset, two track days at Rockingham and Donington Park, Santa Pod for the now legendary TorqueCars meet up and the 7 Hotel Diner in Halstead in Kent.

I was also finally able to put some faces to some of the well known TC members on here as well; Loz, Herb, Adam, Gingerbrother, Jakeymd, Old Git, PGarner, Davalav, Sleeper and Claymore, gentlemen it was a real honour to have met you all.

In 2013, I have several little projects I would like to see completed in time for this years Saab International Owners Club Show which is being staged at Wicksteed Park in Kettering in the summer. This long weekend extravaganza is hosted by a different country every year, I believe it was 25 years ago when we last hosted it. So my plans are well under way and though I will face some obstacles along the way as much of the work has not been done to a Saab before, I am ready for the challenge.

Whatever your projects are for your cars be they big or small, I do very much hope that it is finished to your satisfaction, within budget and more importantly on time. :)

Last edited:
2012's been fine really. I think I've managed to get a decent car despite the chuffin coil pack thing.

New year I want to sort her auto fluid change, and maybe stainless exhaust, plus I'm planning a bespoke satnav install.

2012 has been fantastic year for me to, we had jaguar xj40 classic car meting in Coventry at the transport museum, ended up with few articles in the local paper
yutube and so on! also managed to tore trough Europe from uk to Spain and then
drove with my ml to Grease Thessaloniki had a lovely 1 month driving about...

im still rebuilding porting and modifying my jag engine hopefully that be done
will be ready in a few month time just for the summer and my next trip around
Europe, so so fare so good
Happy new year to you all boyan!

Its been alright... Passed my driving test, got my first car.

2 months after passing some moronic lady who clearly was blind in the right eye swerved into me on a roundabout, and had to start my no claims again. Found out my insurence company were a bunch for equally thick retards who cannot read and was blamed for fraud....

mind you, Ive been working at the Brentwood school for nearly a year now and that has been pleasant and a joyous experience and would continue working there for a few more years.

Maybe 2013 will be better....

I'm looking forward to some top-down driving weather this spring and summer. 2012 was a great year for that, and I'm hoping 2013 will be even better!
Take a look at the album I just posted to see why I'm looking forward to the spring! It's the only Corvette album there as far as I can tell. :amuse:

On the other hand, I'm in the US, and I'd like to see politicians try to set a better example this year than last for behaving like adults!! :mad:

2012 was a disaster with the only good points being some tasty mods for half the normal asking price. i got lucky with parts but unlucky with the car. i would rather mod out of choice than necessity ie something breaks, replace with an upgrade

2013 is a disaster already, today in particular, went back to work after the break to be given 2 weeks notice. finished early driving home I decided to put air in my tyres, as a consequence I drove home a different way as usual (but a road I know very well) came around a corner to find a low-loader half on my side of the road, I swerved to miss it and banged right into a curb-stone which then bounced me back towards the rear of the trailer,luckily I managed to swerve again, but the curb took a fair piece of alloy and rubber from my 2 week old car. (18" 40's) so far no air lost, then came home to find out someone who rents a house from us hasn't paid their rent. Very down about my Job unfortunately.. Lorry drivers The white lines in the middle of the road are there for a reason.........

Same here, sorry to hear the news, not good at all. Pity you didn't get the details of the lorry as I would have tried to chase them down but appreciate the difficulty when trying to save yourself!

2012 was not a brilliant year for me. 2013 not made the best of starts either with a rebuild of my clutch. Turns out the plates were warped and heat spots on the flywheel. The rebuild kit is costing just over 1k not including the labour. The flywheel needs skimming too so no doubt that won't be that cheap either :(