Are you back to normal after lockdown?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
So how are things going? Are you back to a normal life yet following lockdown?

I doubt there is ever going to be a normal again. I know a few are back at work, many though are still working remotely.

Are you using your car more or less than you did this time last year?

How has Covid affected you in your area?

For me I'm not back to anywhere near normal. My whole routine is shot to pieces with all the days even weekends blending into one.

I'm working from home, whereas before I used to get out at least 3 days a week, and usually did contract work away from home once or twice a month.

The fantastic weather has been a bonus, it's been nice to enjoy good weather in England without having to travel to find somewhere sunny but travel is just not happening at the moment.

It also seems like the worlds going slightly crazy with abnormal weather events and civil unrest in many areas!

Obi I agree that the worlds gone crazy especially the BLM mindless mob who seem to not have done any fact checking before going off half cocked rampaging looting and pillaging a bit like the Viking beserkers of old.

I've been one of the lucky one's who was not affected by Lockdown the industry I work in didn't get impacted too badly.

Btw hello everyone!! Been a long time!

My home state has been doing way better than the other states with lockdowns etc being loosened UNTIL 3 non Caucasian female imports decided to defy border closures and fly south on a " designer handbag shopping holiday" = shoplifting and booked a Air B&B for an illegal party and then came back by devious ways telling lies as to where and what they had been up to and then went all over the place to shops,cafes and restaurants spreading the virus and another sibling was sent to child detention where she infected a staff member who unknowingly spread the infection at various places.

If I had my way the whole family would be deported as we have more than enough home grown criminals and thieves without the need to import any. If you choose the behavior you should be prepared to accept the consequences.

Last edited:
I'm in IT, was working from home for a couple of months, and still have my home rig ready to go in case the overlords panic again; but there is no normal, and won't be.

Far from it, the catering industry is on it's knees and we will probably end up in lockdown again. I think we are going to lose a lot of restaurants and cafes through all this.

We are near normal... Hahahaha... Right, but we have not been well since returning from Australia 18 months ago. We have only been affected by the fact we have not put the mileage in as usual. This is one of the main reasons for selling the Vrs, she was just sitting idle and not getting what she needs, a good pounding up the motorway. So I hope she will go to someone who appreciates her.

I think our world is permanently altered now, and we need to learn a new way of living. It will come in time. I understand that all countries are finding it difficult one way or another but eventually we'll find a new equilibrium.

I'm from USA, which is helping set new standards for science-denial. The area I live in is actually doing well with social distancing and mask wearing, though. Last weekend my car club (Corvette Club of America) had our first autocross of the season, after cancelling numerous events. We maintained a reasonably safe event, requiring masks except while driving. There were a few lapses, but not many. I got to show some of the younger members who had higher powered cars what an old guy can do with greater skill and treachery! Here's a link to the pictures taken at the event : https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=VTBQOUxsS3pNOUcyMC1hZEpmRE9IMF8zQWx6dWhR
We're a Corvette club, but allow non-Corvettes to enter (and frequently (Damn those Miatas!) win!).
I sold the green '93 Corvette in my profile pic, and now have a 2003 Corvette convertible. Need to update that profile.
Cheers!
C5 AE sytlized!.jpg

Love hte new motor, it's looking fantastic and soooo shiny.

I love that "science denial"! So true. lol

Glad to see your keeping a social life despite the restrictions.

Love all the shiny cars and would love to have your Vette in my man cave |B

I autocrossed on the dirt for10+ years in my twin Webbered Gemini (Opel Kadett) and then in my Mitsubishi Starion Turbo and managed to win the clubs Autocross Championship and class championships a few times before giving it away and entering tarmac sprints and time attack events.

I still act as a flag marshal at my clubs events.

PS A Callaway or Hennesey Corvette is on the order list when my big Lotto win arrives in mt bank account <B:D

Last edited: