Are you a ricer or a racer?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
So what have I been upto then? Here is the result of my labours an exact psychologic profile of drivers....

Take the TorqueCars Ricer or Racer test. Which are you? Do you favour style over performance? There are 1000's of possible combinations within the standard categories but your first answer is your real result - no cheating.

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/racer-ricer-test.php

Post up your reports when its done and tell us if you think it was accurate or not!

Feel free to email this link to friends and post it up on other boards, its a bit of fun and hopefully will help to promote us a bit more.

Well Above average.

Your interest, tuning knowledge and abilities behind the wheel put you above average. You are less likely than most to have an accident. You also tinker with the car and would be able to resolve most simple breakdown problems and change a wheel. You are somewhat nervous of major mechanical work but in reality you would be extremely capable.

Thats quite accurate frankly.

I got Above Average. The description about me being mostly interested in speed and acceleration rather than handling, well, actually I like all three but acceleration was my favourite so I went with that. Not a track day enthusiast yet, but getting there, well keep an eye out.

All in all, a fairly accurate summary methinks.

Very nearly the average.
You have a moderate interest in cars and in car tuning but you certainly don't spend much time or consider this to be a hobby. Spend a bit of time looking around our site and we are sure you become more automotively enthusiastic. You have so much potential as a tuner and would really enjoy a car with a little more power.

i have to agree somewhat, dont know lots about cars, know a fair bit, but cant afford for my car to be a hobby

Consider yourself slightly above Average

You have a definate interest in power and performance! You demonstrate a good sound knowledge of performance cars and car tuning, however, you are more likely to pick up a magazine on fast cars or watch a programme about performance cars rather than actually buy one! Being a race or track day driver is a frame of mind which you haven't quite attained, you are not far off though and will one day venture out onto the track.

You are more at home in a pub drinking stout and discussing MPG with your friends. We wouldn't be surprised if you owned a pair of slippers and a cap of some description.

The best modifications for a driver of your type would be suspension and handling related. You have been caught out in the past with fuel and oil additives, and now are more skeptical about manufacturers claims.

The Track day Racer

Congratulations you are officially a Track Day Racer. You shun all things glossy and shiny. You know a lot about tuning and performance cars. You would rather have a standard looking car with a highly tuned engine than drive anything that shouts "look at me!" You accept breakdowns and component failures as the price of trailblazing the cutting edge of car ownership.
Your average weekend will be spend underneath the car tweaking the suspension and tuning up the engine. Alternatively you will always attempt to be the first away at the lights, but only if you are up against something that looks it might be a challenge!

So I got the track day Racer:-D Only thing I found wrong with the test is that you only can chose one of the three, speed acceleration or handling. I want to have all of that in my car8)

The Track day Racer
Congratulations you are officially a Track Day Racer. You shun all things glossy and shiny. You know a lot about tuning and performance cars. You would rather have a standard looking car with a highly tuned engine than drive anything that shouts "look at me!" You accept breakdowns and component failures as the price of trailblazing the cutting edge of car ownership.

Your average weekend will be spend underneath the car tweaking the suspension and tuning up the engine. Alternatively you will always attempt to be the first away at the lights, but only if you are up against something that looks it might be a challenge!

I have to say, I'm quite suprised how spot on that is.

Last edited:
So far so good - Just HDI is the odd one out.

He's not in touch with his real phsyche though its just a matter of time before you accept it HDI :lol: Spray the Peugeot pink and fit some nice shiny chrome wheels!

With the current price of road fuel I'll spray it invisible and make off from the local BP with eighty quids worth of diesel in the tank. 113.9/litre? Bloody hell, I'd be better off developing an alcohol problem and inhabiting a cardboard box in Villier Street under Charing Cross Bridge.