Are you a good passenger

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Would you rate yourself as a good passenger or are you quite nervous and a typical back seat driver?

I am a terrible passenger. My job has made me very aware of other road users being idiots and I am paranoid my driver hasn't seen them. But I have learned to stop cringing at every move and pointing out every hazard; I have to assume my driver has seen them.

I've learnt to keep my mouth shut ;) I've got emergency services and defensive driving education in my past as well as being a motorbike rider so, probably like Lunchmoney, I'm always looking three cars ahead, mirror checking and anticipating fools pulling out. Fortunately enough has rubbed off on the wife that I'm confident in her defensive posture... a little too passive at times, in my opinion, but generally on the ball ;) The only other person I'll let drive me around is my son, mainly because I taught him to drive :D

Mate as a former defensive driving instructor IMO 3 cars ahead is not far enough as you need to be scanning up to the road horizon and back so you can take action as early as possible but you do have all the other things correct |B

Terrible actually! Her indoors isn't bad, and I am sort of okay with her driving, but then her training from me is still ongoing ;)

Terrible actually! Her indoors isn't bad, and I am sort of okay with her driving, but then her training from me is still ongoing ;)

Hi Os wondered where you have been :)

I have learned to just sit down ,shut up and hang on when I am in the passenger seat and work the missing pedals at times :eek: :lol:

Ok so I've just had a terrifying ride. The driver completely missed a cross road junction, failed to check a road was clear when pulling out and drove so close to the car in front I thought I was going to die!

Had any terrifying trips lately?

Obi old mate it's a miricale you survived but sadly your "driver" is just 1 of so many that need retraining OR stripped of their license IMO as they are a danger to everybody including themselves.

Sadly it's said that no male will admit to being a bad driver or a bad lover.:lol: