Are you a dangerous driver

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Would you say that you were average, safe or a dangerous driver?

What is your best and worst time of the day for driving ability?

I'm definately an AM sort of driver. If I ever have an accident it is most likely to be in the evening on a dark gloomy day when I am tired.
;)

Know you limits and drive accordingly. If we are aware of our strengths and weaknesses we become safer, as they say knowledge is power?

That's a tough one to answer honestly! I would say I am a safe driver hence driving for 25 years with no points and never been breathylised! However I would not say I had the driving skills of a saint if you get my drift :blink1:

Worst time for me would be late evening after a long day and if it was a long journey. Mornings are pretty good for me, I do 350 miles a week commuting so get a mixture of driving conditions, traffic and moods. Some days I can drive for a couple of miles and then think where do those last few miles go, what did I do? Autopilot is not a good thing!

There is no substitute for experience and that is what makes you a good driver, appreciation for user road users and road sense. I would also recommend fast driving courses, skid pans and track days to hone those skills and then understand car control and knowning your limits and that of the car you are driving.

Pitch dark, long drives late at night aren't the most enjoyable. I think my driving skills are pretty good though. I see a lot of other drivers and wonder how they got and kept their license.

I'm pretty safe an I've picked up quite alot of driving skills over the years. An also I like driving at anytime of the day. Silly thing is I'm more likely to have an accident in slow moving traffic on the motorway..... Had a few near misses an it's silly cause they were all between 20-30 mph as well.:confused::D But in general I think I am a safe driver....:D:D

im a night time driver, i love it, i wouldnt say im a danderous driver, but i do drive aggresivley, i know when to speed and when not, i have very good judgment on the rd
i have a lead foot,

i put it this way, ive never been told i cant handle a car, no matter how fast or slow i go
i think what does go to a lot of peoples heads is, they think their good and their confidence runs away with them, thats when you get wake up calls

driving a car is a life time excersice you need to learn about, dont get cocky

Know my car inside out and its little hiccups and with 80bhp and it weighing a ton even with a lead foot It cannot go fast, :D

With your first car being a big one and not a nova you learn to park really well.

I like the night driving for motorways and small country lanes but roundabouts are not that fun in the pitch black with cyclists.

Eyesight is bad, pull out without looking, drive with fog lights on when it is dark, only drive with sidelights when it is foggy, need two spaces to park, don't signal on roundabouts, jump red lights and stop at green ones, drive at 40mph regardless of speed limit, hog the centre lane of motorways, txt & smk whle drvng, don't wear a seatbelt (they are for cissies), stop for no apparent reason, open car door without looking, use hazard lights when stopping to get fags, post letter or get cash from hole-in-the-wall, drive up the rear end of the car in front, not aware of what is going on around me, play music with bass turned right up ( :) ), only use one hand on steering wheel as other is needed to either keep car in gear or hold the roof on, brake at every slight deviation in the road, never had a crash but seen a lot in my rearview mirror. But I am a good driver, must be as I have been practicing for nearly 40 years and practice makes perfect.

Last edited:
Eyesight is bad, pull out without looking, drive with fog lights on when it is dark, only drive with sidelights when it is foggy, need two spaces to park, don't signal on roundabouts, jump red lights and stop at green ones, drive at 40mph regardless of speed limit, hog the centre lane of motorways, txt & smk whle drvng, don't wear a seatbelt (they are for cissies), stop for no apparent reason, open car door without looking, use hazard lights when stopping to get fags, post letter or get cash form hole-in-the-wall, drive up the rear end of the car in front, not aware of what is going on around me, play music with bass turned right up ( :) ), only use one hand on steering wheel as other is needed to either keep car in gear or hold the roof on, brake at every slight deviation in the road, never had a crash but seen a lot in my rearview mirror. But I am a good driver, must be as I have been practicing for nearly 40 years and practice makes perfect.

lol I've seen your sort on radio...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

"never had a crash but seen a lot in my rearview mirror."

You make use of the mirrors and the information they afford? Why?

I can't see the need to look anywhere at all, ever, whether in front of me or to the rear or sides.

I'm a super bloody fantastic driver. I never ever exceed the speed limit for the road I'm using so why would I need to worry about such trivial things as observation?

It's all down to personal skills, I can even dial a new number on the mobile whilst steering with my right knee. I can roll a fag whilst steering with the other leg. So, in conclusion, I'm absolutely brilliant.

Anyone who thinks anything to the contrary is clearly not capable as a driver as I am.

"never had a crash but seen a lot in my rearview mirror."

You make use of the mirrors and the information they afford? Why?

I can't see the need to look anywhere at all, ever, whether in front of me or to the rear or sides.

I'm a super bloody fantastic driver. I never ever exceed the speed limit for the road I'm using so why would I need to worry about such trivial things as observation?

It's all down to personal skills, I can even dial a new number on the mobile whilst steering with my right knee. I can roll a fag whilst steering with the other leg. So, in conclusion, I'm absolutely brilliant.

Anyone who thinks anything to the contrary is clearly not capable as a driver as I am.

lol Can you pour a pint an drink it though....lol :lol::bigsmile::lol:

Your not a proper mint driver then. You need to be able to pour a pint an drink it then you get special spaces like this anywhere.lol

Attachments

• ForDrunkDrivers.jpg
    ForDrunkDrivers.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 10
I would like to think that i am a safe driver but you never can tell for sure

My worst time would probalbly be early in the morning but I love late night driving

Late night driving for me - and I can tell I am safest at night driving in a spirited manor. Middle of the day in bumper to bumper traffic I know I loose concentration.

I am the best driver in THE WORLD.

I was knocked-back by the Mclaren and Ferrari F1 teams for being TOO DAMNED GOOD.

I was also told I couldn't be a Chippendale for being TOO DAMNED SEXY, but that's another story.

I am the best driver in THE WORLD.

I was knocked-back by the Mclaren and Ferrari F1 teams for being TOO DAMNED GOOD.

I was also told I couldn't be a Chippendale for being TOO DAMNED SEXY, but that's another story.

I've let The Guinness Book of Records know - they'll be in touch just as soon as they can add in a Bovine Excrement section. :blink1: