Are they brain dead??

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
I absolutely hate seeing all the burnout marks on public roads and wondered if it was just an Aussie thing or does it happen world wide ?

It seems to me that there has to be a link missing between the ears or drivers who seem to delight in leaving burnt rubber over the road.

its fun bro (8})

Lack of grammar and punctuation aside (that's how you tell it was meant as a tongue in cheek comment), the kids of today's urban environment (and of yesterday year, they were doing it when I was young, and will continue to do it all the while they can) enjoy showing off to their friends. Laying down tracks, burn outs, do'nuts, etc, all require a skill that someone else doesn't have - hence showing off.
Personally I have never joined that crowd, even in my street racing days. Couldn't afford to replace tyres too often :p

I'm not even a fan of spinning the wheels at a launch. To me it shows a lack of control.
Last traffic light grand prix I got involved in saw the car to my right spin its wheels, create a little smoke, then finally leave the line. I saw all that in my rearview mirror:cool:

It depends on the area. There are so many cameras down our way and car parks are usually closed at night so it doesn't seem much of an issue but some out of town areas and big towns do have a problem.

Don't think it takes a whole lot of skill to drop the clutch at 5k revs.
To me it's the same as graffiti but it can't be painted over.