Are the ultimate sleepers or Q cars Nissans

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Thinking about all the cool Nissans ever made, the Pulsar, Skyline, 200, 300 and the list goes on and on, people seem in general to ignore them or not really notice that these cars are special.

It's only the real enthusiasts that will ever list these models as special.

It makes a good base for a sleeper or Q car but is this more down to the brand image of Nissan in general or just the styling they apply to their cars.

Do you think the new GTR is set to change all of that?

I actually think that the only outlandish cars made by Nissan is the GTR and the Pulsar. All the rest would not look out of place with my grandad driving it. Can you think of any radical Nissan designs out there?

Last edited:
The Original Skyline is pretty radical.

what this
skyline1.jpg

:p

Nissan make some lovely motors and very radical, 200sx, 240z, 300zx (z32 especially:love:) primera gt (of course) pulsar/sunny gtir, skyline r32 r33 r34, to name but a few.

A sentra with a VQ swap, thats pretty sleeper... I think the Juke is special, in its own way, because of that front end. The piece I watched about it (i think it was top gear?) made it look pretty decent.

Not sure if the Pulsar GTI-R is a great sleeper - look at the monster bonnet scoop!

Audi make some excellent sleepers too (think RS4, RS6).

Mitsubishi have some good, affordable sleepers eg. Galant / Legnum VR-4.

Not altogether sure that an RS4 or RS6 could be classed as a sleeper either! They both look very mean, to me anyway! :)

Not altogether sure that an RS4 or RS6 could be classed as a sleeper either! They both look very mean, to me anyway! :)

That's because you're a car enthusiast ;)

Most normal people would struggle to identify the difference between an RS4 and say, an S4 or even a lesser Audi on big wheels.

That's because you're a car enthusiast ;)

Most normal people would struggle to identify the difference between an RS4 and say, an S4 or even a lesser Audi on big wheels.

Possibly but the whole fun about having/driving a sleeper is that it surprises people who are enthusiasts as well.

Can't remember the last time that I saw a 620 ti on the road! I assume that you can eek out silly amounts of power from these then Yugguy :)

Just take off the RS4 badges and you have an A4 lookalike (with slightly flared arches). Noone will know and it's probably cheaper than dropping an RS4 engine into an A4. :lol:

Agreed.

Not silly amounts buddy but it's one of the cheapest 200bhp standard cars around.
And in standard form Will keep up with a Sierra Cosworth.;)

I had no idea this was the kind of horse power we were talking about as standard :embarrest: I thought mine was great with its factory 210bhp!
Very impressive! ;)