Are road legal slicks still legal

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Does anyone know if the tyres formerly sold as "road legal slicks" are still legal to have on your car?

Yokohama A048, A032R, Toyo R888, Michelin Pilot Cup A006-T, S585, Pzero Trofeo R, Pirelli P7 Corsa, Hankook Z210,Federal FZ-201, Dunlop DZ03G (Are any of these still road legal?)

I know that road legal slick tyres can't technically be sold anymore in the UK for road use but I wondered if they were still ok if you happened to have them on your car already? Which of these tyre models are still ok for road use?

Hadn't realised they were illegal now, thought R888s were still road legal? Not that I would buy them now as they are way too expensive!

Firstly, a pedantic point (as you would expect) there is no such thing as a road legal slick in the UK. A slick has no tread.

All of the tyres classed as road legal track tyres are still legal for road use in the UK and will be for some time to come.

simplzs YES but I do prefer OGs answer

Some companies , for example Toyo are stopping production of these ( 888s for toyo) and now have a tyre that looks like it has more tread.