Are piper cams any good

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
What are your thoughts on Piper cams, or are there other makes I should be considering?

Not looked into Cat to be honest. Kent were the other big maker of performance cams out there but I've not been impressed by what i've heard although you shouldn't really go on hearsay!

That name Piper takes me back to the old RS 2000 and alike. These were the cam company of choice and I cannot say that I ever heard anything bad about them.

Piper have been around for years, a friend had some of their fast road cams in his Clio Wiliams, made a hell of a difference!

I had CatCams on my old 9000, these were slightly modified by Abbott Racing, nothing mad just a mild 243 cam. Didn't really feel any benefit on the td04 and gt28rs until I fitted the gt30. Looking back I should have gone for 268's from Maptun instead.

Piper Cams they good....Had them on my sierra 3.0l v6 it was the best thing I could do for my upgrade ....Piper was the only cams we relied on in my city

Whats the cams going into? We used Schrick years ago in vauxhall and BMW and they gave great results.
It kind of depends on the car your doing IMO as some manufacturers pay more attention to certain car brands ( well thats what happened back then anyway )