Are long drives fun

billyo

Track Warrior
Do you think that long drives are fun? I had to do 300 miles yesterday and I have to say it was one of the most boring drives I have ever done. Much of it was on the M1.

I thought I liked driving but I guess that the combination of rain, heavy traffic and boring motorway just got to me.

i used to regulary drive from portsmouth to glasgow(550+), now the trip up in dead of night could be extremley tedious unless u get a few peeps that are travelling at same speed and as far cos you can keep yourselves entertained i.e convoy, using all 3 lanes side by side(only if safe) swapping whos in front, middle etc. now the drive back on m5, m6 during the day is at best PANTS, reason being no disrepect but northern drivers lane discipline is outragous, in fact some of their driving could and should of been hauled before the courts for dangerous driving, no wonder people get road rage!!!

got to admit when i drove to london (around 400 miles) i was board outo my mnd after getting onto the A1. however few years ago i holidayed in the north of scotland covered alomost 2000 miles in a week, not including the close to 300 to get to the house. it was great, twisty roads that you could see for miles on, next to no traffic to slow you down. only thing that let it down was the fact i was in an underpowered fiesta

I drove 350 miles once to buy my Peugeot 206, obviously the drive up there was fun because I couldnt wait to get my new car! Driving it home for the first hour was also nice, new car, more power etc but eventually after being driving all night (and therefore getting sleepy) it started to get boring...

I do think though that nice long drive with a few mates would be good, listening to music & stopping places along the way!

i love driving long ways m1 is bad anytime of the day
dont drive as much as i used to my 2nd car i did 20k in a year now i might do just over 4k am doing a touch more at the mo loads of car shows up north

Driving is fun for me when I don't have to be somewhere at a set time and when the roads are empty. When the roads a full of stop start lane changers it is a chore.

Depends who you are with and whats on the radio. Long country drives on bendy roads are great fun. especially if you now the area well.