Are jet powered cars practical

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think we'll ever see jet engined cars on our roads?

Are they practical? I'm not thinking batmobile flames here but much smaller, exhaust pipe sized turbines to push the car forwards?

What are the technical problems this sort of wacky idea will face? Would you buy one if the performance was phenomenal?

Well I have seen very small jet engines attached to pushbikes to great advantage. To be honest with you, I can see the day when a jet engine is featured on a road car. Only 30+ years ago the use of electric motors on vehicles was usually to be found on just milk floats, fork lifts etc and were extremely slow and cumbersome. Now they feature in high performance hybrid cars including Formula 1.

Oh god... Wayne's been sniffing too many exhaust fumes. lol ... and next week, a fridge powered by dynamite.

Oh god... Wayne's been sniffing too many exhaust fumes. lol ... and next week, a fridge powered by dynamite.

You may mock young Rob but sometimes the most amazing engineering feats can happen. Last Friday night for instance her indoors actually located her purse in that labyrinth called her handbag, and then, this is the kicker, she opened it, granted it took two crowbars and a Black & Decker; then she "paid" for the takeaway without my wallet being involved in the transaction as per usual :oops:......V(......:lol:

You may mock young Rob but sometimes the most amazing engineering feats can happen. Last Friday night for instance her indoors actually located her purse in that labyrinth called her handbag, and then, this is the kicker, she opened it, granted it took two crowbars and a Black & Decker; then she "paid" for the takeaway without my wallet being involved in the transaction as per usual :oops:......V(......:lol:

Jeez... I'm not 100% sure I believe you. I've never witnessed such an event myself!!

:lol: This is turning into one of those conspiracy theory websites now. I was ok with jet powered cars but Mrs T9 paying for a takeaway :eek:

This is a pretty amazing car http://www.ronpatrickstuff.com/
AB12_15_05copy.jpg