Are estate cars getting cool

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I seem to see more Estate cars on our roads, does this mean that they are getting cool?

Do you prefer the Estate look to a Saloon or hatchback?

Are Estate cars really that much more practical?

I tend to go for estates or SUVs due to loading carrying needs and dogs. More practical for my needs. Some estates or sports tourers do look good. The Audi S4 and RS6 look good in the Avant form.

Love my 2.4 20V JTD Alfa 156 Sportwagon, practical and i can pull the track car no bother at all. the problem being, its an ALFA :)
Would love an RS Audi in all fairness.

Her Indoors is always out and about in her new Kia Sportage and has run up 10000 klm's and loves it.They have called her back recently to update/install voice control so she doesn't have to scroll down the list of phone numbers or take her eyes off the road if she wants to call when driving at no cost.
It has leather seats HSA,ABS,SC,auto on lights and wipers heaps of airbags plus parking sensors back and front as well as a rear camera.
I have a dislike of CVT transmissions and the car has a proper 6 speed auto and the 7 year unlimited KLM's warranty.

FWIW we test drove a Honda HRV ,Hyundai Tuson and a Nissan Qashqai before deciding on the Kia.

Last edited:
I seem to see more Estate cars on our roads, does this mean that they are getting cool?

Do you prefer the Estate look to a Saloon or hatchback?

Are Estate cars really that much more practical?
For me Estates have always been cool, when living in oz, and drive in movies were the thing, you needed a wagon (estate) to take the lucky girl out. With mattress in't back and colour coordinated curtains at the windows, what could be better or more fun.... Or parked up watching the sun go down to the sound of the wildlife and a fire crackling waiting for the tates and steak and cracking a few cold ones. Oh halcyon days, where art thou now....