Archive from the old forum

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By Djwak (212.203.38.136) on Wednesday, November 24, 2004 - 12:14 pm: Edit

Hi Guys,

I've token a look to your fantastic page. GREAT.

Now Question. Where do you got the Fogger on the VW Golf VR6. We are trying to build a foggermachine since a half a year. But we don't know where to get the fogg from. You took it from NOS as far as I understood. Please let me know your Ideas. Please put "Foggercar" in your subject of the Email to me. Thks. Swiss Car kid DJWAK

By Ethan E. (207.195.97.84) on Sunday, November 21, 2004 - 04:31 pm: Edit

I am about to purchase a 1991 VW Passat, in Canada here. I was wondering if any of you knew or could give me a link to a resource for finding out the fuel economy of this 4 cylinder, automatic transmission model.

Cheers

By Vedubbers (80.45.182.227) on Friday, November 19, 2004 - 10:53 am: Edit

Daryl, There are very mild road cams available - see our cam article in tuning tips for more info - these don't idle too badly but other than that its time to take the engine apart - port matching, larger valves higher compression pistons etc... Have a look in our Discount car Part shop for the Power Boost Spray - this should clean up a load of gunk.

Adding NOS is another option - about 25-30 bhp extra should be ok.

Of the modification you have done so far which made the biggest difference to your performance.

By Daryl (217.137.229.54) on Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 07:09 pm: Edit

Hi I have a corrado vr6 with powerboost valve, performance induction kit, performance exhaust system, performance manifold, sports clutch. Any ideas what I could do next to improve performance???? I don't want to go the way of fast road cams because of the eratic idling problem

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:16 am: Edit

Timming retard

Question: How to retard timming for a VR6 24V

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:28 am: Edit

Golf Tdi pd upgrade

Question: Need more grunt,via a chip.

By Anonymous on Sunday, August 29, 2004 - 09:35 pm: Edit

I have a VW Bora abd would likr to upgrade to xenon lights, is this possible?

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 31, 2004 - 08:55 am: Edit

My Friend has a MK4 Golf and has just purchased Xenon bulb conversions but the main bulbs are a dealer only fit!! So he's waiting for his next service and will ask them to put them in. He paid about £40 for them - I'll try and find out where he got them from.

By nick pargeter on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 05:05 am: Edit

i have a 2001 passat s 1.9 tdi 100 bhp whats the best thing i can do to make it faster iherd about a diesel tuning chip are they any good and what are the draw backs what about induction kits are they any good for diesels

By Anonymous on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 10:29 am: Edit

Chips are the way to go on TDI engines - you will get more power & torque and often a lot more MPG!!! Induction kits will help a diesel - but as they are fairly low revving engines they will not get as much benefit as a Petrol engine.

By Anonymous on Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 05:49 pm: Edit

i have an vw golf mk3 95 1.6 spi(8v) what is the best way i can gain better perormance to it without doin the useual boy racer stuff, ie induction kit/exhaust, the car is 75bhp satandard, (the cat has already been takin out) is it poosible to upgrade injection system>? etc..

By Waynne on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 08:36 am: Edit

Try An FSE Boost valve and a fast road cam. The exhaust really does help with performance but I guess you want a 'sleeper' car that looks stock. A rebore and high compression pistons would make a big difference but would cost a lot of money.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back