Archive from the old forum

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
CarToon (80.43.97.69) on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 03:54 pm: Edit

Hi Asad,

There are a couple of possibilities - there is a leak and water is mixing with the oil increasing its volume but you will have noticed a white cream.

I assume that you top up to the dipstick level then when you check again the level is higher. It can take about 3 hours for the oil in some cars to drip trough into the sump. If your manual says 4.5l of oil - pour in 4.0 l then wait for 2 hours or so - check the dipstick then put in the rest. I had a garage which always overfilled the oil - it turned out they were not waiting long enough for the oil to drain into the sump. It also helps if the engine is hot when you change the oil.

By asad mahmoud (203.112.197.12) on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 07:22 am: Edit

Everytime I change the engine oil, the level of oil is very specifically maintained; the oil level, however, rises after about a week. What causes this increase of engine oil level, please advise. By the way, I own a Nissan N16.

By Trax on Monday, October 25, 2004 - 10:30 am: Edit

Foor cool nissan lights - try these people http://www.jacquemond.com/nissan_200_sx.htm Let us know if you find any others.

By Krash on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 11:30 pm: Edit

Does anybody know if carbon fiber syle tail lights are available for a 1992 240 SX convertible?

By Krash on Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 11:29 pm: Edit

Does anybody know if carbon fiber syle tail lights are available for a 192 240 SX convertible?

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:02 am: Edit

I have a nissan almera 1.5 luxury. i would like to know what i can do to get mroe power and torque.i am a little bit strange to tuning event. if u help me i will be glad. Thank you.
Hakan ÖZDEN

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:11 am: Edit

Nissan sentra

Question: how can i get my nissan to respond quicker, it has the 1.6 liter with cold air intake and exhaust but it has automatic tranny. i think the tranny is limiting the performance, anything i can do without swapping tranny

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:22 am: Edit

Hi i have an nissan sunny slx ´92 automatic and he is running on a carb. an i am woundering is something i can do in the engine to increase the power??? salut from Iceland..

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:22 am: Edit

chip tuning

Question: price for complete chips tuning for my Nissan X-trail 2.2dci 2004 modell

By Anonymous on Thursday, September 23, 2004 - 10:13 pm: Edit

Hello I have a 1986 nissan sunny B12 with the old 85hp (I know!) E16 8v engine. I would like to keep it as original as possible but may have a auto choke problem. New Carb? If so any that might tweak the 85 a bit. And any other tips. Cheers