Archive from the old forum

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By craig baxter (213.107.224.16) on Saturday, March 05, 2005 - 12:50 am: Edit

Can anyone tell me of a company/website that does a body styling kit for a Jaguar X Type?

By Mikanic on Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 01:44 pm: Edit

Hi Taylor - if the car wanders under acceleration the drive to the wheels could be uneven but it is much more likely to be a worn steering rack. Can you wobble the steering wheel slightly from side to side (1-2cms travel only) without the car responding or twitching. With a new steering rack every little tug of the steering wheel has an effect on the cars wheels. The power steering pump could also be up the creek.

By Taylor S. Koch on Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 10:00 pm: Edit

I am the second owner of a '96 xj6 with 60,000 miles. The car does not track in a straight line and tends to wander ever so slightly when driving high speed on the expressway. I just added 4 new tires and a 4-wheel alignment which reduced the problem but did not eliminate it. What do I do next?

Thanks All-
TK

By Lloyds on Monday, September 20, 2004 - 02:45 pm: Edit

Hi ppl im considering the following project but im not sure who to speak to. I want to buy a x-type jag and replace the standard v6 with the supercharged v8 from the 'R' models (either xkr or xjr) and also possibly use a 'R' model gearbox. Does anyone know whether this is possible? All comments appreciated. Cheers.

I know a small block OHV V-8 can be used. A DOHC V-8 (4.0 S-Type) is an entirely different story, requiring major surgery due to its greater girth. Though the S-Type comes with either a 3.0 V-6 or a 4.0 V-8, it has a larger engine compartment than the X-Type. Have you thought of using a late model Ford 5.0 fuel injected engine? The 5.0 is venerable and has perhaps the largest selection of after market tuner enhancements.